1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by gcooldude, Apr 4, 2011.

1. lungfish

lungfish Member

Yep! I have been ripping and burning dvds with free software for years but I quickly realised that for blu-rays a small investment is needed!

2. tinner45

tinner45 Member

I use BD-RB ( Blu-Ray dics Reuilder) from jdobbs. I take s awhile but a great HD movie. Yopu can rip with DVDFab ripper. trust me you'll love the great pictrue.

3. cdan

cdan Regular member

Priest came out great using anydvd to rip and Fab to burn...no cinava problems. I do have another question.... I'm transferring some mini dv tapes to dvd. I captured 1hr to my hd and it's 11gb...holy crap....one hr? Can I use Fab...or something...to shrink that to 4.5g to get it on a dvd?

4. lungfish

lungfish Member

Are you sure the cinavia is disabled? Have you watched the whole movie? As for the mini dv tapes you can use the video converter option in fab to basically do whatever you want with it. If it's in dvd format you can use dvdshrink to compress

5. cdan

cdan Regular member

Watched the whole movie.....most excellent. Don't the file types have to be vob to use shrink? I don't see any option with fab for vob.

6. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

"Can I use Fab...or something...to shrink that to 4.5g to get it on a dvd?"

Yes with the paid version. Not sure about the quality but something tells me it won't be that great.

Jeff

7. cdan

cdan Regular member

figured it out. Capture with sony pmb (picture motion browser) to file on hd, then open windows dvd maker and let it analyze and burn....picture is marginal but not too bad.

8. cdan

cdan Regular member

watched "warriors way" and the fab logo keeps popping up on top every 5min or so, very annoying to say the least.....is that because it's the trial version?

9. 8686

8686 Member

What do you mean, the logo is in the movie? I have never experienced that before. I use their HDdvddecryptor. It's their free version of dvdfab for my bluray rips. That's strange.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. cdan

cdan Regular member

not actually IN the movie, just on top of the black bar above the movie. Appears, disappears every 5min or so. I have 2-3 movies done with fab and didn't happen with any others.

11. lungfish

lungfish Member

Yep it does that on the trial version - once u pays ur money it goes away!

12. cdan

cdan Regular member

Figures......

13. 8686

8686 Member

wait......I've been using the free version of hddecryptor. Go to dvdfabs main site, scroll to the bottom and click on free stuff. That's the program I have always been using. I have watched the backups but lately I have just been backing up and not watching. Does this happen with the version i'm using?

14. 8686

8686 Member

How does it "go away" if it's on the burned disc?

15. lungfish

lungfish Member

No the free software is different to the trial. The free software has limited capabilities and functions whereas Blu-Ray Copy will do everything. The trial version of Blu-Ray Copy has the logo in the corner of the screen which disappears when you buy the full version.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  16. cdan

cdan Regular member

don't know.......just pops up for 2min or so.....every 5-10min. But it's only happened on that one disc.

17. lungfish

lungfish Member

You will have to burn another copy - check the rip - I think it puts the logo on during the write process

18. jac2

jac2 Member

hi I'm a new member but have visited this site several times for info.
    I've discovered that using WINX BLURAY DECRYPTER to backup blurays to hard drive as a full copy, then use bd rebuilder to compress down to a bd 25gb size folder containing every thing including certificate. You just have to change some settings on the bd rebuilder. do not make it an iso. make sure yo have enough space for both winx and bdrebuilder. use imgburn in build mode. set to udf 2.5. Load the whole folder and there you go.... plays on PS3 aswell. the only snag I'm trying to get around is Cinvia on some movies. Other than that these bds have spectacular video and sound. good luck, hope this helps somebody. by the way, bd rebuilder takes quite a while, sometimes over night.
    how do I change audio the put back into into bdmv to get around cinavia?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011