1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to: copy bout 20avi files to one dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by tman69, Mar 14, 2006.

1. tman69

tman69 Member

Hey, guys…
    I am trying to fit many video files(about 20) of about 30min each to a dvd. I already managed to convert some of the original dvd files from 700mb per file to 200mb per file. (using nero digital)
    My next problem is how on earth do I get them on dvd??? I tried to “make your own dvd video” with nero7, but the program just converts the files back to 700mb. Next I tried to make a VCD image file with nero7. Although it wouldn’t fit on a CD, I was hoping to burn the image to a dvd when it was finished. But…. It didn’t finish, I get a error every time, just at the end of the process.
    Could anyone give me some help please!!!

p.s I got the idea when I was in Nigeria, they sell dvd’s on just about every street corner. I bought a dvd with 9 movies on one 4.7gb disc for $2.5

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you will need a dual layered disc but i doubt you'll get 20 episodes on to it maybe 10 at most.They use sophisticated machinery but for us common people who dont have such technology you will be able to do it but i is rime consuming

Are they avi these 700mb files???????????

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2006
  3. tman69

tman69 Member

hey man...
    i put the dvd (from nigeria) in my dvd drive 2 figure out how they managed to get it done... it appeares to be 9 450mb files...

but ya, i thought that i could maybe do the same, coz its quite annoying to swap dvd's the whole time. (currently one dvd only has 4-5 episodes on)

thanks....

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

tman69, read the forum rules above about posting & piracy as piracy is not allowed here or talked about.

5. boob

boob Guest

hope you had all of your shots.

6. tman69

tman69 Member

4 ddp--sorry, edited...

ye, anywayz i made bout 6vcd's instead, and put then on dvd...
    the only problem is they dont work on a dvd player...

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

well they should as they are in an mpeg1 format, maybe its your dvd player cant play rgar format

8. tman69

tman69 Member

ye probably...
    its a very cheap player...