1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy full DVD-9s?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by XstfuX, Apr 8, 2005.

1. XstfuX

XstfuX Member

Is there a way to make a copy of a full DVD-9 without compression? I have a dual-layer burner and I can get blank DVD-9s. Do I need a special program or can I use DVD decryptor and just go about how you normally burn a DVD using that? Also how do you go about making a copy of the double sided DVDs(DVD-10). Can you fit them on a normal DVD-R and/or a DVD-9? I assume that copying a DVD-9 PS2 game would be done the same as a DVD-9 movie but if I am wrong please let me know how I would go about doing that. Thank you in advance.

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

dual layer burning using DVD Decrypter. Just use ISO mode. ISO Read, ISO Write.

If both sides are DVD-5's just check out the DVD Decrypter guide.

4. johnnybla

johnnybla Member

I'm almost certain I've already used a guide that someone put forth in a forum on this web site adressing exactly this question. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. I'm sure this guide would help you and consequently it would help me too! I'd really like to find it again. Maybe someone might have seen what I'm talking about and could help us both.

I remember that the copy is fairly straight forward. I believe it was simply make a iso image with DVD Decryptor and then burn with Nero. What was great is that it had several little hints to make sure you can do a good job the first time around.

All help appreciated.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It's kinda hard to get more simple than using just DVD Decrypter. Rip in ISO mode, then burn the ISO.

6. johnnybla

johnnybla Member

Seven months later I finally partially remembered and partially found out the 2 tips that you must remember !!!
    1. Check the settings on your burner. On my LG burner there is a setting that you must check to increase the chances of getting a DVD that is readable by most console players.
    2. When you burn with Nero you must choose the .mds file. It has the layer info.