1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy Protect CDs

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by zamsak, Mar 15, 2003.

1. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Hi everybody,

I wanted to know that how to copy protect CDs that cant even be copied to the Hard Drive but can be played on the computer?

Zamsak

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Many pc protected games can be backed up using the "right" software. The 2 most poular cd protections are Macrovision (Safedisc) and SecuROM (Sony DAC). Depending on the ability of your burner to correct EFM encoding will determine if you need emulation, or in other words the need of additional software to play your backup. What game are you backup up and what brand name burner& model do you own. You can use tools like Daemon Tools(Emulater) just to mount the image of the cd and play the game directly from your hard drive.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2003
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

There are lots of FAQs on the 'sticky' (bold) thread on the main page... read some of them, too

4. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

I am trying to copy protect CDs not to break the protection. I want to copy protect the cd so that it cannot even be copied onto the Hard Disk. You must need softwares like daemon tools or virtual drive to copy it. Suggest some softwares preferably freewares

Zamsak

5. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I doubt you will find any "freeware" to encrypt your cd's, the protection on mass produced games have extremely high liscencing fees, think in the 100's of thousands and there just aren't many copy protection schemes, not to mention that the owners of the copy protection would probably never release the protection for a job of only a couple of cds.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

There is some software program to backup audio (I think) thats works in conjunction with CloneCD. I think the program is called CCD Lock?

Shoey

7. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

What is the Black Pen trick? What if you draw a line at the end of the data region of the cd will it be copy protected?

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I believe that "black pen trick" is referring to some audio cd's that have protection (Key2Audio. Cactus Data Shield,).

Shoey