1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create ISO or burn AVI

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mossfan18, Jun 17, 2007.

1. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

I just bought a new PC with Vista and all the sudden either nothing seems to work right or I've just forgot what I'm doing.

Here's one of my questions: How do I get my movie in ISO format to burn with Imgburn ??

Here's where I'm at: I have my movies in AVI format and want to burn them to a DVD-R's. I am using VSO DivXtoDVD to tranfer the AVI to a Video_ts folder with .VOB files. However, I am lost after that.

I thought that I used to use DVD Shrink to create an ISO image file that could then be burned with Imdburn, however, when I use Shrink all I get is another Video_ts folder duplicate .BUF and .VOB files.

Imgburn will not burn the AVI or the .VOB files and I can't figure out how to create an ISO image file.

What step am I missing? I've done this for years and after buying the new PC and having these troubles I feel like I have amnesia!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Open the folder in Shrink.
    Click 'Backup' and from the drop down menu select 'ISO IMAGE' or one of the variants.

IMG Burn will burn files from a folder output from VSO DivXtoDVD (if it fits on a single layer)

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Click the green write button.
    if it's an ISO imge to be burned, select 'Mode' > 'Write'

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007