1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to create VOB file from MPEG ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ravenet, Jun 21, 2006.

1. ravenet

ravenet Guest

i wanna changes the my file format from mpeg to VOB. because of i wanna write to DVD. and also i expecting in C# solution for that, if anybody already done this work, please help me. it's my 4 th year university project. i'm much more expecting from my guys.please any body help to me.

Explain:-
    i have 120mb mpeg file, it's want to write the DVD. bt there has three files
    1*.ifo
    2*.bup
    3*.VOB
    i was created those two files, bt i can't create the VOB files from mpeg files{i dont how to write algoritham].please
    help to me

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

1) encode (if it is not) the mpg in to a DVD movie. If it is already a 720x480/576 movie (NTSC/PAL), avoid this.

2) de-multiplex MPG ---> MPV + MPA (movie = video + audio)

3) author, for instance with IFOEDit, the sfuff. DVD Author___Author a new DVD. Load the video (MPV), load the audio (MPA or whatever you have)m, choose a destination directory and press 'convert'.

The MPG (if it is a DVD mpeg) 'authored' in this way will become a VTS_01_#.VOB set (# depends only upon the movie's size. A VOB won't exceed 1 GB and therefore you only will have a file: VTS_01_1.VOB), VTS_01_00.bup, VTS_01_00.ifo, video_ts.ifo, video_ts.ifo.

Burn that file set in a 'DVD video' with Nero, for instance.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  3. Baldwin

Baldwin Guest

using mpeg encoder .

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

VSO DIVXtoDVD IS THE FASTEST & CHEAPEST way
    Also TMPGEnc DVD Author is very good if the GOP is right

5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

6. ravenet

ravenet Guest

Thanks fol all,
    and more,
    thanks for concept help. but i am expecting help coding level. and best in C# related codefor this convertion, and i have to another issue i can't user any freeware, {this my univeristy project i wanna clear show everything }because of i wanna wrire code for this purpose. i m expecting more powerful code to that, please help me.

dears

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

ravenet..if U HAVE AN EXTREMELY Clean Mpeg file all programs will do a good job.Anything U use will not improve on the quality that U have already.If the file has gremlins it passes them on

8. ravenet

ravenet Guest

THANKS FOR ALL HELPERS
    dear friends and helpers,
    Notes:- i am expecting write the dvd. bt i have only mpeg files.and i dont know MPEG files strcute and DVD files structure. i am ask help for all, i wanna write these files to DVD, so here must create to folders
    1.VIDEO_TS
    a.ifo
    b.vob
    c.bup
    2.AUDIO_TS
    still i dont have idea about these files creation. so please any body, i am expecting these files structure and files crestion details.SO PLEASE help to me.
    and also i waanna write the code in C# related, so please give details related C#.

9. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Nothind easier. If you read where, on http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/351013 , I speak about IFOEdit (the first part of the message) you'll find a good explanation.
    More, IFOEdit is *free*!

Remember: the mpeg bust be a DVD movie compliant with your system
    (720x480 @29,97 fps NTSC; 720x576 @25 fps PAL).

First of trying using IFOEdit, I suggest you to de-multiplex the mpeg into elementary streams: MPG = MPV + MPA.
    MPA can be MP2 (Video-CD audio) or AC3 (Dolby). What is important is that the audio must be sampled 48 kHz (if not, there are audio encoders for this, like FFMPEG GUI, but your movie encoder should already have done it so).

If the mpeg is NOT DVD compliant you must either convert it to a DVD complant mpeg with an encoder or use DVD Lab (it authors even (S)VCD movies, complaint with your TV system, of course).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  10. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

I think what he's trying to explain is he needs to write the [bold]code[/bold] to do the conversion. In other words, he wants to create a program and not use something that already exists.

11. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

I agree with Dolphin, reads like he needs to turn in a C++ programming assignment ..in which he compiles the DVD manually,,maybe in Assemblier language?