1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"How To" ? Creating ISOs From Backedup PC Games

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jpblue, May 27, 2006.

1. jpblue

jpblue Member

Hey!
    Hope i'm not in the wrong forum for this.
    Ok i've done a bit of searching but i can't hit the nail on the head so to speak with this one. I have been makeing backups of my UMDs and with help from this forum creating ISOs for later playback on my mem stick and now through usb. This got me thinking about the whole ISO thing and makeing backups of my software and in particular my pc cdrom games and how i would go about doing this. Untill the psp arrived, ISOs and bootable and playable backups was not something id given much tought to but when i started and got to see that it worked it was like a whole new side of computers id been missing out on and it felt good, so my question is can someone point me to a site or a post somewhere on this forum for a newbe to get started with a step by step guide to makeing a backup of my pc cdrom games and burning them for later use.
    Tnks

2. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

It might be a banned link...but...

www.gamecopyworld.com has a lot of good resources. Beyond that, google it, because you're treading in the barely legal and there's not much we could tell you under the forum rules.

3. jpblue

jpblue Member

i thank you! Also the pdf that i got from your link was of great help and id like to say tnks again for the step by step approach and the work that was put in. All i have to do now is wait for my area to be broadband enabled to take advantage of it. I'm in the sticks and only have access to skydsl which is crap to be honest so fingers crossed for something better soooon.

4. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Roger that. I'm glad someone appreciates it! Lol.