1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to download dvd2xbox....HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by timpwalls, Mar 10, 2007.

1. timpwalls

timpwalls Member

I had a duo 2 x lite installed onto my xbox, and I downloaded the dvd2xbox progam on a cd-r disc but my xbox will not recognize the disc, do I need to use a dvd disc and can I download it if I don't have a dvd player installed on my computer. Will a dvd disc still work? How and where do I store it in my xbox. Can anyone explain this to me in laymans terms, this all new to me.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

yea the xbox is pretty picky with CD-R, how did you burn it on there?
    if you dont have a DVD Burner then you cant burn a dvd....if the CD-R dont work then you can FTP it to the xbox...

3. timpwalls

timpwalls Member

I downloaded the zip file and burned it to a cd-r using iomega hot burn, I also tried burning it onto a cd-rw but that didn't work either which suprised me cosidering my xbox will play music that has burned onto a cd-rw. I guess I'll have to try the FTP, but it may take me a while becuase I don't know anything about it. If you have any tips please let me know!

4. theridges

theridges Guest

you have to extract the zip file...

5. steimy

steimy Active member

get an auto installer disc like Slayer 2.7 or AID 3.0
    that way you can burn those to a DVD and install all kinds of great programs including DVD2Xbox

That or just FTP it to you APPS folder on E: or F: (with a chip it should have been set up to use F: )