1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Download Videos From Youtube

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by bulldogz, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Now in this guide,you will learn how to download of youtube,play your downloaded videos and convert them if necessary.

1.First of you need to get the url of the clip you are downloading.
    Lets say for example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waVY5WnVlPg
    This is a video clip of a lionfish and portjackson shark.
    Copy this url.
    [​IMG]

2.Now go to this website.
    There should be a box to paste your url.
    When you've pasted it,then click the download button.
    [​IMG]
    Underneath that,there should be a box that says download and in it is the download link.
    [​IMG]
    Right click it and go to save target as for Internet explorer or save link as for Mozilla.
    Change the name from get_video to get_video.flv
    For mozilla,change it from html document to all files and then rename it to get_video.flv

3.Now when you have downloaded your videos,you need this player to play them.It's free,so don't worry.

4.Now if you want to convert your movies from flv, go to this website.It's an online media converter and is the best one around.
    Input your .flv file and choose what you want to convert it to.
    After it has finished then you can download it.
    Another way to convert is to use this program from this website.Just choose the output file and convert.I recommend mpeg as avi stuffs up the sound.
    Please reply for feedback.
    Enjoy!

PS.Updated for Pics.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Signatures

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

You can also use Videora iPod Converter, it has an option to view clips and leech the video directly to your hard drive.

4. Teom

Teom Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2007
  5. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

Usefull tut...but there is a simpler way....i have a nice program called tubehunter. all i got to do is go to the page and tubehunter will ask me if i want to download the video. I click yes and it downloads it and converts it to .wma