1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to enable auotplay for iso images using power iso?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kcerica, Sep 19, 2009.

1. kcerica

kcerica Member

I'm trying to get windows xp iso image to auto play instead of just opening the file where I have to click on the individual files so it won't work right unless it auto plays like it would when you pop in the cd. Thanks.

BTW, after mounting I right clicked the mounted icon in my computer and clicked properties and there's the auto play option but as far as I can tell these options are only for pictures and music and videos, there's an option for mixed content but the only options it gives is to burn with nero, open file folder, or take no option.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you not right click on the ISO > Open With > Choose Program, then browse to the program you want to play it - and opt to 'Always use the selected program...'
    I use VLC to play these files.

[​IMG]

3. attar

attar Senior member

I think what you are referring to is 'AutoRun' (not the same as 'Autoplay' for music CDs and media files)
    There is an Autorun.inf file on some CD's that is detected when a cd is inserted or an image is mounted.
    If inserting the CD or mounting the image results in the files just being displayed, it perhaps means that the .inf file is being ignored (as a security measure).

See the image of my registry.
    I think a forum like the Elder Geek may be more help.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

[​IMG]