1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Extract and Burn a Xbox Game Tutorial(with pics)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by theridges, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Boromir

Boromir Member

Just a bit more info I'm burning the .iso files at Taiyo Yuden DVD+R disks (those are supposted to be the best?) with 2,4x writing speed. Furthermore as my xbox has been able to read about ± 10 disks (all type DVD+R) some burned by me, most burned by friends).
    I must conclude my modified x-box is able to read +R DVD's, I take it this has no impact on the required settings? So the settings in your tutorial work both for DVD+R burning as for DVD-R burning?

2. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

Yup works for both...but its up 2 ur xbox drive if it can read it

3. theridges

theridges Guest

usually the xbox reads +R so thats all good,and since imgburn and dvd dec. automatically booktype the images plus would be a little better.....

4. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

Great tut, thanks again!

5. velocity8

velocity8 Guest

can it be softmodded

6. theridges

theridges Guest

can what be softmodded?

7. velocity8

velocity8 Guest

nvm, i downloaded ncaa 07 and the files are like yours. but can u tell me how i upload it. like i know go into flashfxp but do i just leave them like they are or extract the first rar and ftp it to my e drive.

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you have a backup xb game, ie already patched, you dont need to ftp (this goes for downloads too)
    you can just burn the image
    if its not an image use qwix, make it as an image
    I use stomp recordnow max to burn
    no coasters.........ever!

9. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you have a backup xb game, ie already patched, you dont need to ftp (this goes for downloads too)
    you can just burn the image
    if its not an image use qwix, make it as an image
    I use stomp recordnow max to burn
    no coasters.........ever!

10. theridges

theridges Guest

yea but he wants to put the Game on the HD not on a Disc.....i use qwix to send the Game to my HD.....and send the extract file not all the .rar files

11. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

Very good explaining theridges! i give you a thumbs up!

12. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Actually if its a backup (not retail) the new version of powerarchiver will rip / unpack it right to the pc:)stick the backup disc in the pc, unpack, sorted

no networking needed.

Otherwise, use a crossover, use flashfxp, etc etc
    I dont bother using qwix, I use flashfxp, tends to do it quicker (but dont quote me on that, just an opinion :))
    whatever works:)

Some time back I made an auto installer with all the usual stuff to rip to the XBOX hdd, but I also setup the ip so theres no mess with having to set all that up yourself. (for some reason, people had problems with that)

13. theridges

theridges Guest

we all know when a game comes in a bunch of .rar folders how the person got it....so what r u talking about with powerarchiver???
    extract it with winrar and use Qwix to Send the ISO....it takes 10 mins max with qwix...and with qwix you can cross-link files for those games that are over 4.7 gigs like ninja gaiden black...and other dvd9 games

14. gflip

gflip Member

i can't seem to play any games off blank dvd+R discs. Is it just my cheap discs (Maxwell) or am I doing it wrong? I've been just burning the ISO image onto the disc.

15. theridges

theridges Guest

Use -R...

16. ahmed111

ahmed111 Member

Mr.theridges
    I like ure way of explaning to burn XBOX games....Pleez pleez tmee how to extact and then burn PS2 games.Jus like the way u told about burning XBOX games...i mean Step by step 'THE Quick Tutorial 'i wil really appreciate if u do that.

17. theridges

theridges Guest

its the same exact way :)

18. ahmed111

ahmed111 Member

i hve downloaded a game,but there is only 1 file of 1.34gb...what shall i do

19. theridges

theridges Guest

its probably Ready to burn..right click and extract it...if you extract an ISO then burn it...
    if when you extract a bunch of smaller files come out then burn the file...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  20. ahmed111

ahmed111 Member

thanx i'll do that