1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to extract TEAC DV-W50E firmware? HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by AcidStorm, Apr 20, 2003.

1. AcidStorm

AcidStorm Guest

I have a Teac DV-W50E but before to patch it to Pioneer A05/105, I wanted to save the original firmware. Is there a way to backup/extract the firmware from the Teac ? Or, does anybody has the 1.10 firmware for this Teac's unit ? Please, help me. Thanks

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You'll usually find earlier versions of firmware on the page you find the upgrade on.

I did with Pioneer 104 Upgrade...

3. aduffy

aduffy Member

I have a teac dv-w50e and flashed firmware to pioneer 105 rev 0.58 now it wont write 4x on my 4x media. i am going to upgrade pioneer firmaware to see if it helps. unlike yourself I did not backup orignal teac firmware.

and yes - your warranty is void if you flash firmware, teac confirmed this with me.
    if you do learn how to backup teac f/w could you let me know.

4. AcidStorm

AcidStorm Guest

Hi,
    thanks to have replied. Up to now, i haven't found any info how to backup Teac fw. I have asked Teac for a fw but they say they haven't ... But is it possible there isn't a way to extract a stupid firmware ?

5. aduffy

aduffy Member

hi there

I took a big deep breath and crossed my fingers
    i upgraded to pioneer 1.30 firmaware and now i can write 4x and write 2x on very cheap 2x media which was not possible on teac firmware.
    so it all worked out well for me.
    all the the best to you

6. AcidStorm

AcidStorm Guest

Uhm.... did you try the original 1.30 from Pioneer or the hacked one? What kind of media did you try to write and with what software?

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It would've been the hacked one if they're able to burn X4/X2 on all media...

Nice to see happy ppl flashing away : )

8. AcidStorm

AcidStorm Guest

ok,it's right. but it was only to know which firmware has been used