1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to extract the mpeg file with only L or R channel?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rei, Jul 31, 2003.

1. rei

rei Member

I have some VCD with dual audio (language)channel (eg. L/Japanese R/English). Does anyone know is there any way to extract the mpeg file with only one channel(language)?

I would like to backup my VCD collection to DVDRs. Everything is fine when I follow the guides, expect the audio. I currently use ISObuster to extract the .dat file from the VCD and use Ulead DVDMovie Factory to convert.

Please reply my message if you konw anything about it!!

Thanx

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

So an mpeg-1 vcd with 2 audio streams?? cool!

Well first use VCDEasy to extract the dat file as an mpeg file (clcik tools, mpeg tools and use CDXA2MPEG, the dat file is in the MPEGAV folder on the VCD!)

Then Open TMPGEnc, click file - mpeg tools, click the multiplex tab and add in your new mpg file, delete the audio stream you dont want, change type to MPEG-1 Video-CD and choose somewhere to save it and then click RUN!

3. rei

rei Member

Thanx Dela, but it is still not working....

The mpeg was not with 2 streams.... is one stream (stereo) with L is English and R is Japanese. Therefore the way you suggested doesn't work...

And the funny thing I found out is: if I use WinDVD to watch the VCD, I would be able to choose R or L channel; if I use DVD to watch to "ripped" Mpeg file on hard drive, both channel would combine and I would not able to choose at all...

I really want to back them up in DVDs....:(
    Does anyone have other suggestions please?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ouch ye i see the problems, sorry i cant help dude!