1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to fit a avi to dvd

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by adrienm, Feb 17, 2007.

1. adrienm

adrienm Member

some avi files will not fit on 4.7gd dvd it tell me there is not enough space so what can i do ? i have nero 7

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

Do you mean you converted some AVI files to be DVD compliant and they won't fit a DVD5 or do you mean you have large AVI files that won't fit onto a DVD5?

If you're converting AVIs to be DVD compliant, reducing the image quality settings in NeroVision Express will lower the file size. You can also use Nero Recode to compress the converted DVD files to fit a DVD5.

If you have large AVI files, use the Nero digital portion of Nero Recode to code the AVIs at a lower bitrate and reduce the file size.

3. adrienm

adrienm Member

hello i try to put it on a 4.7gd the movie mite be 691mb and it wont fit but some do . so you say used dvd5 to burn them or to convert them .
    thank for the reply

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

When you're using NeroVision Express to convert your AVI to DVD and you import your AVI, if it will be too large after conversion with the default settings, a window should pop up telling you that and giving you the option to reduce its converted quality to fit a DVD5. You always have the option of fitting to a DVD9. If you want, you can output the larger size project to a hard drive folder and then use Nero Recode to reduce to fit a DVD5.