1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to fit recorded movie to one DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nytvd, Apr 13, 2005.

1. nytvd

nytvd Member

just recorded a movie (105 minutes)to my HD using TV capture card.
    How do i fit the whole thing to one DVD?
    Should i use DVD shrink for this?

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

dont see why not.

depends on the output of the capture card... you may need to use nero vision express etc, although most (i think) capture in dvd format (VIDEO_TS, VOBS, IFO etc - rather than AVI,MPG etc)

3. nytvd

nytvd Member

i think my card saves as mpg file.
    will DVD shrink work on that?

4. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Neo Vision Express

5. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

DVD Shrink is the software to use mate.

I have a problem, Im trying to back up a movie to try out my new dvd burner. Im new to all this. I used DVD Decrypter to read my origional DVD and I cant Write the files straight away because the file is too big for the DVD disk. Anyway I used a guide and decreased the file size in DVD Shrink etc. Part way through the encoding process it stops and I get an error message saying "FAILED TO OPEN FILE C:\RUSHHOUR_2.I01 The system cannot find the file specified". I have tried it a few times and I always get an error message. I know I read the disk correctly using DVD Decrypter can someone explain what I do from there to make the file smaller and to burn to DVD disk?

Thanks.

6. nytvd

nytvd Member

thanks to all.
    my next potential "duh" question -
    in shrink i should start (in my case) with "open file" as opposed to "DVD" button and proceed from there?
    since this is a movie recorded from TV there will be no stripping of subtitles etc"...only compression so that it fits on the DVD disc?

7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

nytvd,
    If you captured the files from the TV and they are in proper mpeg-2 DVD-Compliant structure then in using Shrink you will then tell if to use Open Files. Shrink only compresses the movie and you can use Nero or DVDDecrypter to burn the compilation. If it is not in the correct format then you can use this program to get it there. Use VsoDivxtoDVD ( free beta version can be found on this site under the Software tab at the top of the page)

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

MarkPS2 ,
    There are 2 things you can try. One is to return the movie back and exchange it for another one as the copy you have might have a bad scratch the the point of the error code or it might be a bad press.
    You also might try AnyDVD ( 21 day free trial)and then use Shrink to see if it can read the movie. If it can then do it that way

9. nytvd

nytvd Member

thanks car.mike
    now i feel confident enough to download shrink and do it!

10. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

I found a really helpful guide and I successfully backed up my first dvd, thanks for the help poeple.