1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Fix an Error 16

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chunkhead, Nov 7, 2007.

1. phanguy

phanguy Member

i did it even though i got error 11. it worked fine. but now i get an error 5... =/ this xbox was given to me by a friend. the hard drive is clearly not the standard one. my friend gave it to me cause it didn't work. damn it. any ideas?

2. Skullkid2

Skullkid2 Member

I did it all, but Xplorer360 can't find partition 3 for some reason.
    Now what?

3. YoyoUnix

YoyoUnix Member

Ok a few months ago i gave up on this hope to fix my xbox, but im back and trying again to no avail, X360 keeps telling me that There is no FATX drive to open. btw I have no idea whether my hdd is locked or unlocked

4. cgw930

cgw930 Member

when my xbox boots up i get a message saying its conecting to xbox live and then it says it cant connect and it does this over and over in an infinate loop, doesnt matter if there is a disk in it or if its connected to the internet, i cant get to any other screen , will this fix the problem and if so will i loose my softmod? if i loose my softmod can i reload it when i do this hotswap?

5. benchMarc

benchMarc Member

I read your tutorial. But does it work with new harddisks? Recently, my xbox hd dies. I couldn't retrieve anything that was on it.

I'm a complete xbox noob. I have only experience with pc's. My xbox is hardmodded, with a 200gb harddisk.
    I replaced the harddisk with a new 200gb harddisk.
    I read some tutorials that said i had to use a Slayers disk. So i tried, but i guess my xbox doesn't read any dvd+r. I bought dvd-r. Burnt the Slayers disk again. But then my xbox gave an error 16. Of course, because it stayed without any power for more 5 hours.

Now is my question. Can i follow this tutorial to fix everything? I'm getting lost in all those tutorials, and they all say something else. It's very confusing.

6. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

chunkhead just wanna say thanks .

i was trying to fix this since a week ago i tried every tutorial out there and nothing , but that idea about unpluging the ide dvd drives and plug the xbox hdd without unplugging the pc hdd made the difference between the others tutorials .

when i was inserting the xbhdm somethin happened and partition 4 was gonne the xbox turns on though but cant play games and memory says 0 block available. any idea.

hope you still here.

7. Guzzo

Guzzo Member

I just followed this thread
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/583612 and this solved my problems with error 21.

Since after this procedure I got the original xbox dash, I wonder if my xbox still softmoded? or should I softmod it this again in order to have the unleashedX dash?

My other question is about the content of drive F:. After applying this patch, does the content of the other drives besides C: still intact?

Thanks for any information.

8. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

hello mate, im up to this bit.
    how do i change the hdd to a master?
    as everything that happened to you is happening to me.. and im up to this part lol..

help would be appreciated!
    Mike.

9. sbeanz

sbeanz Member

10. sbeanz

sbeanz Member

Sorry buggered up that last post...

I think i'm in exactly the same boat as u benchMarc. did anyone get back to you with a solution? I made a mistake while trying to get XMBC to work and ended up stuffing up my xbox so it wont go past the first screen. turns out my standard xbox hd is buggered so i've tried doing this guide to get a new hd to work, but xplorer360 doesn't seem to pick up anything and when i get to the 'scan for hardware changes' the computer seems to stuff up and the program stops working. Anyone have any ideas?
    Cheers

11. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

12. sbeanz

sbeanz Member

Nah xplorer360. There's a xplorer460?? I'm pretty sure my standard hd is stuffed and my pc doesn't even register that its there...

13. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

i am sorry...
    i meant xplorer360

my xbox original hdd was wiped by me by "mistake" but i was able to fix it with this tutorioal.

14. xmac1x

xmac1x Member

Hmmmm, I've followed every instruction exactly as worded but I just can't seem to get any fatx exploring tool to find xbox's hdd. My Pc recognises it perfectly though

[​IMG]

Any ideas?

15. CPAero

CPAero Member

I don't know if it matters, but if your xbox isnt hooked up to your tv, try plugging it in. I tried 20 or 30 times to unlock the drive, by counting and hotswapping; it finally worked as soon as I plugged into the tv. Might be a coincidence, don't know.

I'm using xplorer360 beta5 in vista, and have done it this way several times before. The cable select jumper didnt make a difference here.

16. danylko

danylko Member

what if i think i might have acidentaly locked the HDD wrong when i turned off the xbox without connecting the cables back. My knee hit the butten and well yeah. Is a way of fixing it?

17. Who_U

Who_U Member

hey guys,

can i download the files for a softmod and upload them this way??
    if so, were do they go?

Ta

18. Scruffy29

Scruffy29 Regular member

can I fix an error 6 with this ?

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

20. dimedash1

dimedash1 Member

ok! im no noob, ive been softmodding xbox's for about two or so years so i feel bad that i cant get this right...my friend got this xbox that was broken for free and couldnt figure it out...it came on with the error 5 problem and it not modded already so i tried to hot swap it just to put another ms dash on it, update the dash and try and lock it, but its kinda difficult with no password to lock the HD. Ive tried cloning the hard drive with the same standard ms dash on another hard drive and got to error 16 instead. now that i got the second hard drive to show error 16 i thought i was making progress until i tried every damn tutorial i could to get it off error 16 and failed, any help would be great!!!
    Ive tried hotswapping, i dont know the kernel, i dont have the eeprom, and i do have the original hd which is error 5 at the moment.