1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix audio quality?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DPUMA8, Feb 28, 2005.

1. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

I have a few songs I ripped from old kung fu DVDs and I would like to make them sound better if possible. It is hard to explain it, but I want to eliminate those high pitched sounds in the songs. Make sense? The best way I can describe it is it is some metal quckly rubbing against eachother. Bad description but that's the best I can do.
    Is there a fix to getting rid of these things?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

There's a FREE piece of software called Audacity -- it is available here :- http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can load those you have with that ""hiss"" --- then if you go EFFECTS --- and use the approriate filter , you should be able to diminish those annoying thingies ~~ Smiles... ! You can always undo as you try different filters .. then when you satisfied .. save the resulting piece under a different name in order to keep your originals.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005
  3. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

Wow thank you so much! What about turning real player music into wav or mp3?

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Thats another totally different subject -- smiles ~~ best you start a new thread in Audio section if you cant find your answers in the guides or the Search box.. the Forum has.. !

It ai'nt easy to keep some kind of orders on threads when subject change after so many post.. it makes life confusing for people searching.

5. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

ok. Sorry