1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix Sony's DSC-T1's blurry and poor image quality problems?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by shakim, Jan 24, 2005.

1. shakim

shakim Regular member

Okay, I read through most of the threads and still have not really found a semi reasonable solution to this problem. I keep getting "shadowy", ghost-like, and blurry pictures. I know there might not be a real solution but I'm sure those professional people or people with experience taking picture with this camera has found the optimum setting to lower the rate of poor pictures in low light. I tried keeping the camera steady as possible. I'm asking what would be the optimum setting to take pictures in low light? Shutter speed, MP, etc. Thanx

2. tmai

tmai Guest

Same problem here from my P150
    People told me that's Sony's problem. Go for other brand???

tmai

3. shinigam1

shinigam1 Member

my cousin has a sony dsc-t1 and i have seen the quality of pictures. if there is a lot of light, like in outdoors during daytime, it's good. but for indoors, the image quality is so poor. same with most of their models, i'm not sure about the new ones.

go for canon, you won't regret it. my canon is 2 years older than dsc-t1, but it's picture quality is way better than the dsc-t1

4. dasab123

dasab123 Member

The problew is with the flash. You will need to add additional lighting to get good pictures in low light situations. I have the camera. It is a great camera with adequate light.

5. shakim

shakim Regular member

Hey dasab123,

I am trying to figure out the best setting to take general pictures. Some in low lights. What are the setting on our camera. OEV, Focus, iso, etc.

Also do yo know how to make the time between pressing the button and actually taking the picture faster. Mines has a delay. I know most digital camera have this, but is there a way to speed that up?

6. dasab123

dasab123 Member

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I haven't used the Sony in a while. I purchased a Nikon D70 digital SLR and have been learning it.

If you preset your focus and use the burst mode you can get faster shooting. Due to the flash configuration this camera will not take good pictures in low light. You can mess with the histogram and increase exposure by +2, but that is about it. It is a great camera due to size, outdoor photos and well lite indoor.

7. n2sZeRo

n2sZeRo Member

I had the T-1 for about three months already and i'm beginning to like it more and more dispite the lack of options. Although the T-1 one is expensive for what it's worth, it is still a "digital STILL camera." Meaning blurry picture and crazy lighting will plauge the camera. Unlike the DSC-W which have shutter speed control, the T-1 shutter speed is set on auto regardless of your setting. I too have the same problem as you but i now understand the T-1's limit so therefore i don't take quick action shots.Ultimately, the problem is due to the lack of shutter speed control.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005