1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get chapters instead of titles with DVDshrink?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by samiller, Aug 13, 2004.

1. samiller

samiller Member

When reauthoring with DVDshrink you can perform a crude editing function by using multiple instances of a title and using the 'start - stop' function to edit out commercials, etc. This works well, but the result is a final movie comprised of multiple title breaks where the commercials were removed instead of chapter breaks, which would be better. Most players seem to tolerate the multiple titles OK, but... is there any way to use the 'start-stop' feature to create new chapters instead of separate titles...?

TIA,

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

I'm affraid there isn't, samiller.
    You could try Nero Recode or DVD2One which I think have the ability to "join" titles

3. samiller

samiller Member

Yeah, was afraid of that...

Thanks for the response.

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

You're welcome. ;)

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

samiller, ddlooping is correct. Both recode and DVD2one will join titles. You can get recode in the nero ultra 6 package which you can use for free for the entire month every month. It must be reloaded each and every month until you buy it.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Double "D"

It's been a while, how was your trip across the channel?

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

It was very enjoyable, Sophocles, thanks. :)

8. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

there is a way to rebuild the Titles from DVDShrink into 1 Title and create chapters but there is no free program to change the VOB/Cell ID's (which is part of the process) so it's pointless even mentioning it I guess :(

9. samiller

samiller Member

Thanks for all the pointers.

Well, the 'join' function of DVD2One does what I need in joining the multiple titles into a single entity, but unfortunately while the output file looks good at first (all of the multiple titles are now chapters), the image won't play properly on the two DVD players I have tested thus far in that a several second delay occurs everytime you hit one of the original title breaks.

These free or low-cost tools are great, but would be even better if they would actually work reliably...

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

samiller, if you have Nero Ultra, you could use NeroVision Express(NVE) to add the titles, create a menu, and create chapters where you want them. It does actually work! lol

There is even a software remote to preview your work before you actually burn, so if anything is not to your liking you can go back and change it.

One note, everything must be compressed and /or edited before adding to NVE as it will do neither.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHW 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

samiller

I've joined movies with DVD2one several times and they all are compatible with my players. If you chose to make them seamless then that could be the problem, it's recommended to use the non seamless choice. You get a half second flash between the two halves and that's all and the result is more likely to work.

12. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Wouldn't the "non-seamless" option yeld the same results as DVD Shrink "Re-author"?

13. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

lol, beat me to it dd cos the phone rang ;)

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

ddlooping

Yes it would and DVD Shrink would render much better results.

15. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Thanks, Sophocles, I have never tried DVD2One "Join" feature, so I was not sure.

16. samiller

samiller Member

Thanks, I'll give the NeroVision Express app a try. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Nero Recode could join titles but I sure can't find that particular functionality in it anywhere. In fact other than a slightly more advanced reauthoring capability Recode seemed to be a bloated knockoff of DVDshrink :) Maybe I'm just missing something there.

Anyway, let's see what NVE can do...