1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get downloaded movies to fit on dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rabo504, Feb 24, 2005.

1. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

rabo504 on the main menu there is a side panel that says application open nero vision express whe n the next screen comes up click make new movie. where it says my media files there is a blue button with a magnifier glass( browse) click it to find you movie in mpeg format.once you have got the file put it in that long space below

2. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

hey rotary
    i was saying that the vob file is usually about a gig and rabo594 said his was only about 90 mbs

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you go for brncs4evr way you need NERO VISION EXPRESS not nero express/rom

re the vob brncs4evr they can be any size really (ones smaller than a gig, dont have to be one gig... this a single vob only! movie) but they split at a gig say you have 4 vobs 4 gig sort of, its like the last vob can be aby size too...

but as you say 90meg dosnt sound right so go with the mpeg route!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  4. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

oh ok rotary i was wondering why there is always 3 that are like.99gb and one that's usually smaller. it makes sense now because the dvd only holds about 4gb

5. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

all of this is seriously confusing!!!!!
    looks like i'll be a newbie for life...HAHAA!!
    i just tried brncs4evr's nero application and so far so good. it's burning right now, but it's taking awhile. i'll keep in touch with the progress!!!!

6. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

yea it prolly will take about a couple of hours u i dont aont to confuse u but u could have also made the movie into chapters either manually or automatically, but maybe u already knew that good luck.

7. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

no, i didn't know that, but, it just finished and it took 1 hour.... yes, it works, but it played for about 4 min. then black screen?
    i guess it wasn't put into chapters.... right?

8. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

put the dvd in ur pc then go to run, click browse, then click on the dvd drive( make sure the files of type thingy is selected to "all files" and tell whats in that VIDEO_TS folder and how large is it.

9. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

the VIDEO_TS folder is 1.15gb
    it contains files:VIDEO_TS, VIDEO_TS, VIDEO_TS.BUP,VTS_01_0,VTS_01_0.BUP,VTS_01_1, AND VTS_01_2.
    THAT'S ALL IT HAS!!!!!!!

10. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

Well, that's what it's supposed to be so i dont know why it's not showing the rest of the movie, maybe u should start a new thread asking that question sorry.

11. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

i just ran the original file from morpheus on my pc, and it only stood on for 4 min.
    maybe the file was incomplete when i downloaded it?

12. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

i sincerely would like to thank everyone for yau'll help...
    thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. brncs4evr

brncs4evr Member

14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear rabo504,
    I hope that's enough learning for one day. *_*
    As you can see, with mpegs, the burning part is rather easy. But it seems the mpegs that you have downloaded may be corrupted at places. To fix this, you may:
    1) use a media fixer program to repair the files (not 100% success tho')
    2) use a video editing program to cut away the corrupted parts (rather time consuming, but fun).
    Now if you have your mpegs intact, at Nero StartSmart: click 'DVD', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files', then paste the mpegs, click 'next', and follow the lead to make menu and chapters for the final burning.
    Good luck and please post again if you have problems!

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

VIDEO_TS
    VIDEO_TS
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1
    VTS_01_2

this is from the list you gave of files! i am afraid this is not correct!

if your original mpeg doesnt play, we cant go any further...

but you should of had files of type

VTS_01_0.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB

but mainly 1 IFO, 1 BUP and say 1,2,3,4 VOB's

good luck with getting the new mpeg!

16. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

thanks guys!!!!!!!!
    that's the only files that were on there, so i started downloading another one.
    i guess when i seen the movie play i got too exited and didn't check it all the way!!!!
    like i said, i've been burning for a few months, but never downloaded any movies, just borrowed or rented.....
    i can really respect yau'll guys who know alot about this stuff, i started as a hobby, but it turned into a passion!!!!!
    i'm about to go to work right now and i'm still here.... i love this stuff, but i'm hoping my not knowing too much isn't aggrivating anyone. i'm trying to learn as much as i could so i can help someone else one day!!!
    well, gotta go, THANKS GUYS!!!

17. rabo504

rabo504 Guest

are there any specific sites that are good to download movies?