1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO GET DRIVERS?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mexiboy, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Does anybody know how to make a copy of a driver from one pc to be able to be sent to another ? will that work?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

download from manufacturer

3. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

what if the manufacturer is a biatch and want you to pay 20 bucks for it?

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

driversource.com

5. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Ok I am sorry about the multi posting, The driver i need is Plextor av100U driver. Nobody seems to have this driver, so thats why i am asking if it is possible to like extract one from another PC.

My friend has the driver installed one his computer but we do not know anything about being able to send me it

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

7. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

I have tried that several times, and i have talked to them several times about sending me the driver, but someone is slacking and they have not responded to my latest email.

But if you would please tell me if it possible to a driver from another pc or not?

Thanks

8. ddp

what is the problem with that driver as i downloaded it with no problem?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I'm puzzled too. No problems downloading. Can't understand this one! Unless the cookies are set too high & you can't download stuff.

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Instantaneous download.. no problem there. PM me with an attachment accepting email address and I'll send it to you :)

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Something is just not right here. Mexiboy have you tried to download the driver? I.e by clicking on the "download" link? If so, what EXACTLY happens?

Information is really lacking here.....

12. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

This download is only an update to the original driver. Which my friend has on his computer.

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Yet again, lacking in info...

Surely the update is what you want? I really don't understand all of this.

If you don't want an update, [bold]Exactly what driver do you want?[/bold]

I think my head is going to explode. All we have had is tiny bits of information from you Mexiboy, we have all tried our best to help, yet you give us little information to go on, we are going round & round. You ask for the drivers for your Plextor, we tell you where to go, you start other thread, then you tell us it is only an update.

For the love of God,

for one last time, [bold]what driver do you want?[/bold]

I am about to give up on this, I just do not know what it is you want!!!

14. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

Mexiboy,

Please explain what have you done so far. The driver is there for download and install.

15. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Ok when you buy a Plextor Av100U video converter you get a disc that comes with it. That disc has trial software and the driver needed to run the device. I have bought the converter from my friend, and he has lost the disc. But he does have it installed on his computer already. The driver once again is ConvertX Av100U driver. Now for the website download; That is just an update for the original driver that comes on the disc. You cannot download the driver you need to run the device from the website. So this is why i need a way to get it from my friends computer. But I do not how to go about doing that. Does this explain it better? Sorry for not properly explaining earlier.

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

This link is probably bending the rules a bit.

virus & spyware detected edited by ddp

But there it is..and the previous driver is a full one but looks for your original registration in the registry..
    That'll teach you to buy incomplete equipment eh?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
  17. ddp

are you getting 2 errors when installing the program?

janrocks, there is a virus on that link besides spyware. that is why i edited your link as i tried it.

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Sorry didn't test it. Seemed to start ok so that's as far as I went.. Keep forgetting it's a different internet for windoze users.. Sorry again.

19. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

So do you guys know how to copy a driver or not?

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yeah we do.. First you need to find what the driver is called, after it is installed, and find all it's dependencies..dll's and the like...Then you need to link it into the kernel of your OS so that windows and any other applications can make use of it. Then you need to create a registry entry or 2 so that the OS starts it either at boot or when an application makes a system call to it.. Simple really, if you understand static and symbolic links, and how the registry interacts with the OS, applications, and the hardware drivers.