1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get ZoomPlayer 6.0 to use Divx' h.264 decoder?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by homophobe, Nov 24, 2009.

1. homophobe

homophobe Member

Hi everyone,

Wow it's been a while since I've visited here, I'm hoping someone here can save me from this frustration as noone elsewhere seems to be able to help.

I'm using Zoom Player v6.0 on a Win7 x64 laptop, I really like Zoom Player because I'm used to it but I want to try Divx' h.264 codec, trouble is I can't get it to work. In zoom player I registered the codec but in system overview it won't show up under h.264 only ffdshow does and the player defaults to that, in registered filter manager though it does list the decoder as being registered. Somewhere I read I need to run "regsrv32".. which I did and once again windows lets me know the decoder is registered successfully but still nothing. For kicks I unregistered ffdshow in ZP which gave me a "missing: no component found on the internal list.." and ran a 1080p MKV file and ZP just defaulted to something called Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder. That decoder is not even listed in system overview, though its registered as it pops up in the filter manager.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, am I just stupid or what?

2. homophobe

homophobe Member

jesus nevermind, I am just stupid.. found the options in "smart play"

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

I just gotta annoy somebody with a nick like that...

[​IMG]