1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? HD DVD wmv file to DVD

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by nerd1, Mar 4, 2006.

1. nerd1

nerd1 Member

Hi not sure if this is appropriate here.

I found a HD-DVD image, and on the disk it's got the following

HD-DVD9 Files <Dir>
    XXXXXXX.wmv

Is that what should be on the HD-DVDs? I was interesested in converting this to a standard DVD. I noticed that in the HD-DVD9 Files directory, its got a bunch of HTML files and various folders. There's a autorun.inf file so I had a peak and ran the file it runs when you open the folder(or disk?) and the menu came up. Is there any way to convert this menu as well?

cheer

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

dude, barely anybody has even touched one of these new disc formats; their still just nearing some release dates. How did you even find something like that anyway? (Especially if it's not in a full forced release yet.)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

nerd1 isn't talkin about HD-DVD the format. Are you?

I think nerd1 is talking about WMV-HD DVDs with windows media 9 (VC-1) files on them.

I havn't found a way to get pass Microsofts DRM. Thats the hard part.

Ced

4. nerd1

nerd1 Member

well I dont actually what the file structures are on a HD-DVD. So I dont know if I actually have a HD-DVD disk or not. Its just the way its labeled.

On there there are the file and diretory as in my original post. It is probably as you suggested, a windows media 9 file.

I guess the problem is with DRM then..

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I'm pretty sure its no an HD-DVD be cause its named HD-DVD9. DVD-9 is a one sided dual layer disc. An HD-DVD9 has to be a DVD-9 disc with HD content on it. The file extension suggests the file is a Window Media Video HD (VC-1) A/V stream.

Ced