1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to in tmpgenc dvd author

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Valian, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Valian

Valian Guest

I would like to place a small clip before the main menus, can this be done???

thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Not in TMPGEnc DVD Author as far as im aware - try CinemaCraftEncoder

3. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

CinemaCraftEncoder would definitely make a file that could be used this way, but Oriphus is right, TMPGEnc DVD Author would not set it up to play ahead of the menu.

You need a more sophisticated authoring program. Sonic RealDVD will definitely do it, and I am sure that others like DVD Maestro would also.

4. Valian

Valian Guest

Damn,

yeah it didnt think so

OK many thanks

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Just remember the price of CCE - its very expensive lol

6. Smuggler

Smuggler Guest

Regardless of price: what is the most professional DVD Authoring program on the market ?

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

CCE is probably cream of the crop. Vegas 4.0 is a great encoder. TMPGEnc DVS Author is all i usually need though.

8. Valian

Valian Guest

I found a workaraound for what I wanted to do.

I made a mpeg clip in P8 with my intro etc.

I now compile my dvd in DVD Author & using menu option Blue I think it was i then replace that background with my intro clip, so the end result has my intro clip played & then it waits for user to select next page which has the menus for the dvd on it.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You know - i was just about to suggest the good old left click on background to add video to the Menus. Do the buttons only come up after the intro has played?

10. Valian

Valian Guest

Oriphus,

yeah the buttons are displayed while the clip is running, I elimated the main menu title & made sure my clip which was text anyway was formatted so that it didnt get caught up with the other menu text on the bottom of the screen. Works OK.

You know , if DVD Author had a few more cosmetic features (such as above) I reckon it would be one of the best around, as it is certainly the easiest & most stable I have used to date , IMO.

is there any way we could persuade the writer of this software to add a few more features???

11. Smuggler

Smuggler Guest

tx for your reply on my dvd authoring question , Oriphus....you mention CCE as the best one but can CCe be used for authoring ? I read somewhere that Sonic's DVD Producer would be state of the art...anyone used this yet ?

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Valian - Yeah it just needs a few extra features on it really to make it brilliant.

Smuggler - Im not that familiar with CCE, but i believe for authoring i was off the mark. I was thinking of encoding when you asked the question. Sorry. I have a few Sonic Programs and found them to be good. Ill look into this DVD PRoducer thoug, sounds interesting