1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to insert subtitles on a movie and burn it on a DVD

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by vagoskr, Dec 3, 2007.

1. vagoskr

vagoskr Guest

Hi everyone.

I would like to know how to isnert subtitles on a movie and after that burn it on a DVD.

I have a movie called "Fantastic Four 2" and I have the subtitles for the movie. I want to know what to do to "combine" the movie and the subtitles so when I am going to play the movie on a DVD player the subtitles appears.

I would deeply appriciate if someone gime me a solution.

Thanks a lot!!

2. tbaio

tbaio Member

Vagosar,

first off, check to see what type of file your subtitles are. If they are "srt" then I can help. What you do is change the entire name of the subtitle file to the exact name of the movie file you have. Example: your movie file is:

Duel.dvdrip @ nice.avi

Change your subtitle file name to:

Duel.dvdrip @ nice.srt

Make sure the new subtitle file is in the same folder as your movie file, then convert your movie file using ConvertXtoDVD. Once done converting, burn it onto dvd. When you then play the dvd, turn the subtitles option on and they should be there. Good luck.

3. vagoskr

vagoskr Guest

hi tbaio.

Yes my subtitle are ".srt" file. The movie has the name:"Fantastic_Four_2_The_(bla bla bla)............_axxo". And the same name has the srt file.

my movie is an avi. If i rename the movie and the "srt" file should i write:
    "Fantastic_Four_2" for the movie and
    "Fantastic_Four_2" for the subtitles

or should i write:
    "Fantastic_Four_2.avi" for the movie and
    "Fantastic_Four_2.srt" for the subtitles?

And after that if I burn those two files on a DVD with the program you told me the subtitles should work?

I look forward to reply me!!
    Thanks a lot for your time. I am gona need it for a wile :)

4. tbaio

tbaio Member

Vagoskr,

for your first question, the second option is correct: Rename the subtitle file with the identical name of the avi file. At the end of the subtitle rename however, instead of .avi put .srt. Be sure both your subtitle file and movie file are together in the same folder.

Your second question: download and install ConvertXtodvd. Load the movie, convert it, burn it then test it. You will need to turn on the subtitle function on your dvd. Once you do, you'll have your desired subs on disc to go.

Good luck.

5. vagoskr

vagoskr Guest

Hi tbaio.

Thank you for your reply. I will try to burn my movie.
    Thank you again for your time and your help tbaio.

But just in case look if i post any question in case i found any problem ok?

Thanks a lot:)!!