1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS*****

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Gem20, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

naivel,
    This is happening because the port that you have the cable plugged into is being used by something else aswell as your phone.
    Try using a different USB Port and see if that helps.

2. naivel

naivel Member

thank you,nswolter and gem20,it worked....i'm so happy now!I've reinstalled the mpt and i've changed the usb port.I still don't know what did the trick, but it works.If it wasn't for you guys i don't know what I would have done.thanks again.You're good!:)

3. carviper

carviper Member

It seems that the installer didnt install the multimedia studio, what should I do to get it?

Sorry for my english

4. saigon06

saigon06 Member

how do I unlock a Motorola v220 it keeps asking for a subsidy password can yall help me out

5. jim45

jim45 Member

this looks really helpful as i try toget my v220 uploading pictures but cannot link to the free.cz website, for gem20s downloads to trigger the process
    can anyone help?

thanks

6. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Hey,
    Sorry about the links.
    I have just logged on today after a really hectic couple of weeks to find loads of messages telling me the link is no longer working. This must have only happened in the past week cos i used it myself not long ago.
    Anyway, i am working on finding another link. Hope it won't be too long.

7. trish6139

trish6139 Member

I new to this site, and I've been trying to figure out for weeks how to download Motorola Phone Tools for my Motorola V3. I'm getting very frustrated and keep ending up at links that don't work. Please help me!!!

8. hannachka

hannachka Member

hey everyone...could u help me please?! i installed everything to my v180, but the MPT says that my phone is not connected even though it is. what do i do?! thanx a lot!

9. wtfoink

wtfoink Member

10. Nesferatu

Nesferatu Guest

Bon Finalement,A forum talking about Phone.I've been on line for about 5 hours,trying to find that Phonte Tool thing.I just got a new little Moto V190 yeah not that High tech,but I like it :)....I can't Sync my Phone to that Phone tool thing...dunno WHY?

Unfortunately One of those links are not working!

Anybody know a faster way to make that thing work.It should be as EZ as installing any kind of programm I think!

Hope To find something about it here soon...kuz I might brake that Phone!!!!

Thanks...and I will definitely Stick around here...you guys have some great Threads!!!

A Bientot :)

11. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

@wtfoink

This link appears to have the installer for MPT 3.23, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The MPT install also normally includes the p2k driver. just point the found new hardware wizard to the inf folder in the MPT program folder and windows should install the driver.

http://evanzhang.com/mpt323.exe

12. hannachka

hannachka Member

Guys! Could anyone help me please?!?!?!
    i have all the drivers needed, mpt old and new versions and i installed taht "special" modem for my v180, but when i open the program it says "initializing" and "phone is not connected" even thou it is. maybe someone can help me?! *smilying*
    thanx a lot for ur cooperation

13. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

[bold]Hey,

You could try downloading the above link in nswolter's post and follow these instructions.

- UNINSTALL ANY PREVIOUS MPT INSTALLS.

- Click on the link in the above post (nswolter's)It should then begin to download - this may take a couple of minutes, and then just click 'Run'.
    It should then install automatically with no need to unzip anything.
    It may put an icon on your desktop,
    if not, go to the 'Start' menu and use the 'Programs' submenu.

- nswolter states that the P2K Driver is already in there but if not you can go to
    http://bongowireless.com/file_download.php
    and download either
    P2K Drivers for XP/ME/2000 (Number 53)
    or
    P2K Drivers for Windows 98 (Number 18) .

- Put the small end of the USB Cable in your phone and the large end in your computer.
    A 'New Found Hardware' wizard should appear.
    Follow the instructions and finish the wizard.

- Start the MPT program.

- Then refer back to the original instructions and follow them from step 10 to setup the phone.

I have not tested this method myself yet so i don't know it will work for definate. But i don't see why not.
    If you have to fluctuate on the instructions a bit then do so, cos as i say this is not a tested method.

Let me know how you get on.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  14. trish6139

trish6139 Member

When I plug my phone into the computer, the Add New Hardware window doesnt' pop up. My computer won't even recognize that anything is plugged into the USB port. I installed the P2K driver, but have no idea how to install it when the computer doesn't know that the phone is plugged in. Would a wireless Bluetooth dongle help solve this??? I'm so lost, can anyone please help me??

15. wtfoink

wtfoink Member

YAY. it works. thankyou!
    only one thing... i know im dumb, i just don't know how to get the pictures out of the phone. i mean i can right? that would be sad if after all this downloading i can't. ):
    again thank you! if you guys just tell me how to get the photos i promise to never bother you again.

16. jinkai

jinkai Member

i have mobile phone tools version 3.28 and i connect my motorola v3 to the computer and its setting up the phone...after waiting a while it says "mobile phone tools did not detect your phone." how do i make it work?

17. wtfoink

wtfoink Member

never mind.. i found it. it was right there...
    i have a lil problem with them but ill figure it out.
    Thank you!

18. hannachka

hannachka Member

Guys you are the best! thanks a lot!

19. hannachka

hannachka Member

is it possible to transfer games to a cell thru this program?!

20. trish6139

trish6139 Member

Alright, I think I've downloaded everything right, and I can get into MPT easily, but now when I try to tranfer pics or songs, it says 'Unable to communicate to the mobile phone'. What should I do??