1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install plugins in Adobe CS2

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by seehear88, Sep 10, 2005.

1. seehear88

seehear88 Guest

I have a rar file of 1700 plug-ins (filters) for "Adobe Photoshop"; this is how it's named (I got it off the web) - it doesn't specifically say for CS2. It unpacks 1700 ".8bf" files, such as "blklight.8bf", "BWCircl.8bf" (and 1698 more). I tried putting them in a folder and just putting them in the "Plugins" folder in my Adobe CS directory - the program wouldn't open properly. I had to remove that folder. Does anyone know how to install these; there was not an installing "program' or "utility" with these - just the .rar file. ?? Thanks.

2. seehear88

seehear88 Guest

clarification -

"....I tried putting them into a folder (that I created) and just putting THAT FOLDER into the "Plug-Ins" folder in...."

3. Hmmmh

Hmmmh Regular member

I don't know how it goes in Photoshop CS2, but in CS it should look something like this: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Filters"

Don't make any new folders by yourself. Try to find the folder with existing filters and place them there.

4. seehear88

seehear88 Guest

Doesn't work. Even if I just copy one ".8bf" file to the folder "Adobe Photoshop CS2 > Plug-Ins > Filters", when I close the Program files and open the program I get - (click on link below to see image of error message):

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/193/pscserrormsg5nd.gif

I have to remove the file for the program to work.

If I put it in the "Plug-Ins" folder, I get the same error message, then, oddly, the program opens, but doesn't have the filter in it - weird.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2005
  5. ctopher

ctopher Guest