1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to install surreal 64

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by grindooo, Nov 28, 2006.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

Path is wrong.. did you put the files in a folder or just ftp the whole lot in a mess right across the drive?

The dashboard looks for emulators in a couple of specific places.. neatness is everything with the rather primitive xbox operating system. If your emulator files are all muddled up with everything else the xbe launcher will never find them.. they are usually set to look inside the folder containing the emulator rather than just in the E-F whatever emulators folder.

Probably more trouble than it is worth trying to sort out that kind of mess.. just wrap all the files up in a folder and call it "surreal64" and then ftp that to the emulators folder... then check the dash.ini file for the emulator path and either change the folder location by moving it, or add a pointer to the actual location. xbox is CasE SenSiTive so take care. Surreal64 and surreal64 are not the same.. the same goes for Default and default :lol:

2. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

this is the path i got in E/: at the xbox

/E/games/surrealemu/ ...inside of this path are these 2:

-Surreal64xxx_B5 (folder)
    -Surreal64_XXX_B5.nfo

then inside of Surreal64xxx_B5 (folder) are these:

-Media (folder)
    -Roms (folder)
    -Skins (folder)
    -1964-510.xbe
    -1964-531.xbe
    -1964-560.xbe
    -1964-611.xbe
    -1964.ini
    -default.xbe
    -PJ64-510.xbe
    -PJ64-531.xbe
    -PJ64-560.xbe
    -PJ64-611.xbe
    -Project64X.rdb
    -RiceDaedalus5.1.0.ini
    -RiceDaedalus5.3.1.ini
    -RiceVideo5.6.0.ini
    -RiceVideo6.1.0.ini
    -Surreal64_XXX_B5.nfo
    -Surreal.ini
    -ultra.ini
    -UltraHLE.xbe

nothing more or less...inside if media theres a lot of pictures
    its something wrong in these files or folders ?
    i have another five emlators from nes snes sega etc and all of them are working fine.
    thanks a lot for helping!!

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I would just replace everything if i were you. Here's a link to surreal64 beta5 i just uploaded for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYCQN9N4

Inside the rar file you will see this.
    [​IMG]
    Just throw the unrared file to your xbox in the emulators folder and throw your roms in the roms folder and you will be good to go.

4. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

ah !!! finally ....since last saturday i finally got it thanks

first i download again from that source and i noticed it was a little bit diferent from the one i got then i ftp them again to a diferent folder (/E/games/)
    and of course i had to reedit the surreal.ini///////........oh men but now i am exhausted i think i aint playing today.

5. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Usually with this sort of thing it's easier to just replace files instead of troubleshooting them it takes away a lot of picnic and file errors.

Glad you got it working.

6. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

thanks for all the useful replies all of them had something i needed to do.

thanks to this forum and varnull and C4RN1 i finally fixed

one of the things i checked to fix it was check the dash.ini file wich mine is (evox.ini) and noticed that emulators have to be in a specific path:
    /E/games/surreal

i was puting it to far : /E/games/emulators/surreal and wasnt working this way

is what i think it fixed i am not too sure. but oh well it work\

i was going to play conkers bad fury but not now this fixing thing got me tired.

7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

The xbox game "conker live and reloaded" is a lot better than that and "conkers bad fur day" (it's the same game ported for xbox with some changes) and it doesn't freeze like it does with surreal 64.