1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to install

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by 1986, Feb 10, 2005.

1. 1986

1986 Member

i just downloaded the SID.007.AUF.v1.0.Xbox-Hq and was woundering how to install it to my xbox i can drag and drop it to my action replay memroy card plz help

2. 1986

1986 Member

and how to downgrade my dash board to 4920 dash can i do it using my action replay memory card thanks plz anserw

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

why don't you go to:

www.xbox-scene.com and read the tutorials

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  5. 1986

1986 Member

i just looked and couldnt find one maybe you can put a link to the tutorial here

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

there are softmod and tsop tutorials all over that tutorials section

7. 1986

1986 Member

this is the tutorial that came with the mod but i dont know how to copy the sid folder to my action replay it says its not a savgame file here is the tutorial
    How do I do it? - 007 Agent Under Fire Install
    ----------------------------------------------

1. Copy the contents of SID.007.AUF.v1.0.Xbox-Hq to your memory device. The best ways are
    to use a modded Xbox to do it (by copying the contents to E:\UDATA) and then transfering
    to your memory card, or use a Mega X-Key or Action Replay.

2. Make sure the gamesave is on your unmodded Xbox, then turn it off.

3. Insert 007 AUF and turn your Xbox on. When you're at the main menu of the game,
    select "Load Mission" and then highlight "Xbox HDD". Tress A to boot the Installer.

4. Once the Installer has boot, I strongly suggest to make a backup of your C Drive and
    maybe your Eeprom as well. Use the "Create C Backup" option to backup your C drive.
    To back up the Eeprom you'll need to use the Evolution X dashboard. The Eeprom backup is
    stored at C:\Backup (this can't be changed unfortunately) so please remember this.

5. Install the Softmod. Please note this deletes the MS Dash from C Drive, hence why you
    have been told to use the backup feature.

6. Install what dashboard you wish to use. Unfortunately due to lack of space I can only
    put Evolution X and UnleashX in this package, I hope that is good enough.

7. Shut down your Xbox, then restart it and remove the disc. If this has worked like it
    should, you should see your choice of dashboard (either EvoX or UnleashX). Please note
    if you boot your Xbox and leave the DVD Tray open it will take you back to the menu
    where you installed your Softmod.

8. If you want to put the MS Dashboard back on your Xbox, you'll need to put MS Dash 5960
    on your Xbox. The easiest way to do this (once the box is softmodded) is to use my
    Auto-Installer Deluxe to Format C Drive and install the latest MS Dash. Note: when this
    is done you'll have to repeat steps 3 to 7.

9. Restart your Xbox with the DVD tray open to bring up the Softmod menu. Run the "Patch
    MS 5960" now, and it will put the MS Dash back on C Drive, and patch it so your
    Dashboards can now use it. Note, the MS Dashboard will be called msdash.xbe now, since
    the Xbox still needs the hacked xboxdash.xbe in order to boot the softmod. Once you've
    selected this option, it will run through some tasks, then boot PPF-XBOX to do the rest.
    After PPF-XBOX has done it's work it will restart your Xbox.

10. Now is the time to make a backup of your modded C drive. This comes handy just in case
    a game tries to update your dashboard. If this ever happens, just use the "Restore
    Mod Backup". If you ever want to remove the Softmod (mainly for Xbox Live purposes)
    you can restore your backup of C Drive by using the "Restore C Backup" option
    in the Softmod menu.

8. 1986

1986 Member

this is the tutorial that came with the mod but i dont know how to copy the sid folder to my action replay it says its not a savgame file here is the tutorial
    How do I do it? - 007 Agent Under Fire Install
    ----------------------------------------------

1. Copy the contents of SID.007.AUF.v1.0.Xbox-Hq to your memory device. The best ways are
    to use a modded Xbox to do it (by copying the contents to E:\UDATA) and then transfering
    to your memory card, or use a Mega X-Key or Action Replay.

2. Make sure the gamesave is on your unmodded Xbox, then turn it off.

3. Insert 007 AUF and turn your Xbox on. When you're at the main menu of the game,
    select "Load Mission" and then highlight "Xbox HDD". Tress A to boot the Installer.

4. Once the Installer has boot, I strongly suggest to make a backup of your C Drive and
    maybe your Eeprom as well. Use the "Create C Backup" option to backup your C drive.
    To back up the Eeprom you'll need to use the Evolution X dashboard. The Eeprom backup is
    stored at C:\Backup (this can't be changed unfortunately) so please remember this.

5. Install the Softmod. Please note this deletes the MS Dash from C Drive, hence why you
    have been told to use the backup feature.

6. Install what dashboard you wish to use. Unfortunately due to lack of space I can only
    put Evolution X and UnleashX in this package, I hope that is good enough.

7. Shut down your Xbox, then restart it and remove the disc. If this has worked like it
    should, you should see your choice of dashboard (either EvoX or UnleashX). Please note
    if you boot your Xbox and leave the DVD Tray open it will take you back to the menu
    where you installed your Softmod.

8. If you want to put the MS Dashboard back on your Xbox, you'll need to put MS Dash 5960
    on your Xbox. The easiest way to do this (once the box is softmodded) is to use my
    Auto-Installer Deluxe to Format C Drive and install the latest MS Dash. Note: when this
    is done you'll have to repeat steps 3 to 7.

9. Restart your Xbox with the DVD tray open to bring up the Softmod menu. Run the "Patch
    MS 5960" now, and it will put the MS Dash back on C Drive, and patch it so your
    Dashboards can now use it. Note, the MS Dashboard will be called msdash.xbe now, since
    the Xbox still needs the hacked xboxdash.xbe in order to boot the softmod. Once you've
    selected this option, it will run through some tasks, then boot PPF-XBOX to do the rest.
    After PPF-XBOX has done it's work it will restart your Xbox.

10. Now is the time to make a backup of your modded C drive. This comes handy just in case
    a game tries to update your dashboard. If this ever happens, just use the "Restore
    Mod Backup". If you ever want to remove the Softmod (mainly for Xbox Live purposes)
    you can restore your backup of C Drive by using the "Restore C Backup" option
    in the Softmod menu.

9. tkilla

tkilla Member

i know how to soft mod my xbox but i dont know how to make it work on the phantasy star online epI & II without it making the character being damaged because it doesnt seem to work with the AR MU but it works with s regular one does any one know how to hack and re write th script to the memory card so that it works with the ARMU

10. tkilla

tkilla Member

and the site you need to go to for that is xbox-fusion.com or xbox-hq.com