1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to load Evo X dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by moocher, Oct 31, 2003.

1. moocher

moocher Member

hi,
    I have a version 1.1 xbox, with a chameleon mod chip. I installed it easily and the cromwell screen 1.8 came up. I flashed the bios from a cd rom using evolution x bios. It now boots normally and comes up to the screen that shows memory, music, xbox live, and setting. I now need to install evo x dashboard (3921). I have the file. I am curious if i need to make it an iso..and xiso...or just burn the data into iso format. i am using memorex cd-rw's at 4x speed. I tried putting dummy data on and it still won't recognize the disc. but if i just put regular .wav music files on the disc, it will read them. so it's not the media i take it. I just need an answer on how to burn and install the dashboard so i can be on my way.. i wish it would work:(

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Make sure the .xbe file is named default.xbe

It would easier to use an Auto Installer to set up the harddrive instead of doing it manually.

RustyDog

3. jcburf

jcburf Member

does anyone have a link for the an autoinstaller? i've had a matrix modchip in my xbox for like 6 months and got stuck on this step and just gave up. im all set, all i need is to get evolutionx on my xbox and im good to go

4. bobsickal

bobsickal Member

search google for Slayers v2.5 IRC. Or go to snoop.burghcom.com (on IRC) but i don't remember which channel to join probably #slayers.