1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to maintain aspect ratio when converting DivX to SVCD with Nero 5.5.9.9

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ant1821, Jan 4, 2003.

1. ant1821

ant1821 Member

Apologies if this has already been answered (I suspect it has), I searched as hard as I could... (Moreover, I am a newb to all this VCD and SVCD stuff, as I just bought my first home DVD player.)

I have Nero 5.5.9.9, as well as the MPEG-2/SVCD plugin. I tried to use it to burn a SVCD version of an excellent-quality DivX movie file (i.e. so I can watch it on my SVCD-capable DVD player, rather than my PC monitor).

It seemed to work OK (quality was not great, but better than wathcing on my 17" monitor), except that the wonderful 16:9 aspect ratio of the original DivX file was replaced with a horrible stretched 4:3 aspect ratio on the SVCD.

Any idea how I can maintain the original aspect ratio of the DivX file on the SVCD? (i.e. watch it in letter-box format on my 4:3 TV)

Alternatively, should I be using some other program to convert my DivX files to MPEG-2/SVCD files, before using Nero to burn the latter to CD-R? Will that overcome the problem?

Thank in advance.

2. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

in TMPGenc in the advanced settings tab, there is a source aspect ratio, select what it is for the original video then in normal settings select: can't remember the name but it has (maintain aspect ratio) in paranthases. Select that and u should be good to go.

3. ant1821

ant1821 Member

hey - i forgot to say thanks, so ...

"thanks"