1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a copy of a copy?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flexo6, Mar 14, 2005.

1. flexo6

flexo6 Member

I burned a sucessful copy of Ladder 49. I tried to burn a copy of the copy with Nero and it stopped it because of errors. So I tried decrypting it the way I did the original but still got errors??? How do you make a copy of a copy??? Thanks for anyones help.

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Sounds like bad media. What kind ya using?

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Make a copy of copy: Nero express- disc to disc copy-on the fly.
    That original backup copy should be:

1) High quality media
    2) 4x burn speed max
    3) quality burner

The quality media has fewer,if any errors-therefore you can re-rip them easier. I do many re-rips at 100% success rate,using these items I listed.

4. kenzlee

kenzlee Member

need more info. what did you use to rip? you used nero to burn and maybe shrink to rip? or did you use decrypter first and then shrink and then burn? what are the errors you are getting? after you burn it the copy will not have any protection so i know that's not an issue. here's what i would do if i were you. First have the newest version of anydvd running, demo available at www.slysoft.com. then i would decrypt using dvd decypter, then shrink using dvd shrink(newest versions of both of course). for the burn settings on shrink set the output to burn using nero. as for quality make sure the box for deep analysis is checked. give that a shot maybe that will work for ya!

5. budberner

budberner Guest

Burning on ther fly is like witchcraft Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I had success and failures same media,YUDEN-002,same rate at 4X It can be done but not recommended Just take the time and save media

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

flexo6

Since you already decrypted the movie and also "Shrunk" it to a DVD5 it should be just like any other Dvd to DVD copy procedure. It doesn't need anything else other then Nero's copy program such as what saugmon suggests. If it won't copy properly then the first copy is corrupt which probobly is the media you used in the first place.

7. flexo6

flexo6 Member

The original copy I made is Sony 8x media...I tried recopying it in Nero startsmart....errors...and then I tried DVD Decrypter....errors.
    When I originally did it from the rented DVD I used DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink and it worked like a charm. I'll have to redo it to see what the errors were?...Scuba...thats what I thought to...that it was already decrypted.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  8. budberner

budberner Guest

scubabud

maybe you can help me figure out what happened when burning in nero copy to copy failed but then worked in clone2 (again yuden-002) must not have been to corrupt I was in a rush and it was the third backup in a row, may have something to do with it, I don't know Thanks

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

The media you used is what I use, [bold]Sony DVD-/+R 8X[/bold] and I have never had a problem with either the - or + 's. Have you played the movie from start to finish? I mean really watched the movie you burned just to be sure it is OK? I just burned Ladder 49 last night by using AnyDVD along with Nero Recode2 and did just the movie with chapters and English only on the audio. The compression was just a hair over 2% that way. Be carefull now cause I may ask some questions about the movie!! LOL :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  10. budberner

budberner Guest

Wasn't that movie, can't remember which one it was, after hearing the reviews on AD I'm not missing much LOL Might as well watch Backdraft LOL:)

11. flexo6

flexo6 Member

Scuba..actually I didn't watch it yet.....guess Im goona have to...I appreciate all the help!

12. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

budberner

It wasn't bad at all. I kinda liked it. I also heard some weak reviews of it before and was skeptical, but glad I did. Now would I watch it again? Only if my wife made me! :)

flexo6

Let us know how it turned out.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Scubabud,
    I watched that movie and thought it was OK also. I have seen a lot worse. I was wondering if it was a true story or not though? It seems like it could have been.. The poor bastard LOL :)

14. budberner

budberner Guest

flexo
    hope it works out for you had my blinders on,looking staight ahead, then realized scuba was talkin to you

Scuba expectations low is a good thing, It's new so I'll probably watch it. I've read here by some burning on the fly is risky, so I probably willed the thing to fail.Worrying and all. I like the time savings but still am unsure why some worked and other didn't. Same media, same burn rate???

15. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I agree with you bbmayo. :)

16. budberner

budberner Guest

bbmayo

Maybe you can shed some light,without an error log any ideas why nero dvd exact copy failed but clone2 worked Do you burn on the fly??

17. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

budberner

To answer the question posed to me, I never burn on the fly. Everyone has their thing, what they like to use to rip and burn. Several like AnyDVD in the background, myself included and I just use Nero Recode2 with an additional analyzation and a burn speed of 8X with my Sony Media, movie only and English Audio, and I'm a happy camper with flawless burns. I have never ever had any pixilation, skips, or shutters by doing it this way.

18. budberner

budberner Guest

That's what I was looking for, "I never burn on the fly." Anyone that does "So you want to be a gambler."

19. flexo6

flexo6 Member

So far it seems to be getting errors on the sony dvd+R disk.....I put a DVD-R disk in that I copied and that seems to be working ok????Any thoughts?

20. budberner

budberner Guest

Need more info.. What speed were the sony burned at,could be an issue toward errors. What speed were the the dash burned it makes a difference,compression rates ,ect