1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a copy of a copy?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flexo6, Mar 14, 2005.

1. flexo6

flexo6 Member

I burned them at max speed. 8x...you think that might be the problem? The DVD-R I burned that at max speed, but that one worked ok.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. budberner

budberner Guest

definitely

I used questionable media. Burned at 8X wouldn't play in but one of my dvd players. Burned at 4X played in all! Burn at 4X max until further notice. I even burn at 2.4 if alot of compression is in affect. Put the odds in your favor.

3. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

I recently went to buy my fave sony's and found at 3 different stores that all were of the taiwanese persuasion. Are yours TY's or the sonyD11's?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

budberner
    Well I am not sure why Nero would give you errors and CloneDVD2 didn't. If I had to guess it would be that maybe there is a problem with the Nero install. Could try uninstalling Nero (make sure to use the clean tools provided at Nero website) and then reinstall.. Also CloneDVD2 uses less resources than Nero, and if your computer isn't up to snuff could be something running in the back ground or some spyware you are un-aware of?

As far as burning on the fly I would never reccomend it to any one, but I can't lie and say I have never done it because I have (not to often). I didnt have any trouble doing on the fly. I think the biggest factor in that is probably the drive you are reading the disk from. Most people have a elchepo DVD ROM that just dies while going through the process or just can't keep up with the burner.. I still don't really do on the fly to often though even though I haven't had a problem doing it. besides the time saved is usually only 5 minutes or so, and the risk isn't worth that IMO,, :)

5. budberner

budberner Guest

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully others read this and when it fails they don't have to post.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LOL :)

Why do I doubt that...

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

jacsac

My Sony’s are both Taiwan, not Japan and still preformed excellent.

Sony DVD-R 8X SONY08D1 Burn at 16X
    Sony DVD+R 8X SONY D11 Burn at 12X

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  8. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Sony is bad media to use trust me.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry but I have to disagree with that statement. I dont personally use Sony as my brand of choice that goes to Taiyo Yuden, but I have used Sony brand disks before and all worked perfectly fine in fact there disks are one of the few still manufactured by MCC, RicohJapan, and Sony all quality media manufacturers. It;s also fair to point out that different people are going to have different outcomes when it comes to media, just because Sony won't work well for you doesnt mean it won't work well for someone else. I just wanted to let people know that in my experiance with using Sony media I had very good results.. :)

10. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Sony is good media to use and you can trust more then just me on this! You can trust most burner manufacturers on this such as NEC and Asus along with most members of this forum that know media.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Here are 3 tests performed by DVDInfoPro on three different burns, on two different Sony Media, at three different speeds. Notice that there are NO ERRORS on any of the three.

This was done on SONY08D1 media which is Sony DVD-R 8X. Burn speed was at 8X.
    [​IMG]

This was done on SONY08D1 media which is Sony DVD-R 8X. Burn speed was at 16X.
    [​IMG]

This was done on SONY D11 media which is Sony DVD+R 8X. Burn speed was at 12X.
    [​IMG]

12. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Sony doesnt work well with my drive ..i once tried to make a copy of a movie i had on a sony disc & nero kept saying "unable to read media"..at like 39% into the image creating process.I switched over to Memorex as my maion copy for the same movie & had no problems....so umm ..yea..you do the math.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

movies27,
    Did you happen to update your firmware before you used those sony disks?

14. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

movies27

If I may ask, what type burner do you have out of curiousity? Make and Model?

15. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

You call it bad. I call it fresh. Awesome, Bitchin, I get it they are bad.

@scubabud- Have you noticed that the taiwan have sharper edges? I bought quite a couple to tide me over til' the TY's come in. I live in Reno,NV and I have been to a bunch of stores and they all have taiwans. Guess I just have to wait.

16. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

jacsac

I'll have you know that I now have tried the edges on 4 different media because I thought that you were pulling my leg, but you are right, they are a bit sharper on the edges. But they sure burn sweet! :)

17. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Scuba I have the new Memorex dual layer 16x dvd burner..the firmware is already up to date.

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just because your burner is new doesn't mean the firmware is up to date!! Are you sure its up to date did you go to the manufacturer's web site and check?

19. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Yes I've already done that.