1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make avi files smaller- AND problem with unspecified error in dub

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Urszula, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Urszula

Urszula Guest

i have some personal video that would love to post to my family abroad through ftp. However I would like to make them smaller. One is 142mb and it is much to big. I really don't mind quality as it is not so important in that video.. However i cannot cut them and send them pice by pice as person who going to receive it have no idea how to join files etc. She is 90 years old. Please help anyone. I have tried dub and divx codec.. but some of them stop after while telling me that there is unspeciffied error -100, some does not want to work at all telling me it is hacked version like divx 5, some telling me that won't be suported by ms. HELP HELP

2. bang

bang Member

Missing info - length of clips, resolution of clips and codec of clips. If the clips are in a MS acceptable format (uncompressed, Indeo) then download Microsoft Media encoder 7.1 and compress as Mpeg 4 ISO 1.0 (most available) with WMA audio. Set compression ration to 96:1 (that is: height * width * 3 * framerate * 8 / 96 = bitrate). I have no recommendation about your grandma thou.