1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make chapters in a vcd please?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by adynatos, Sep 2, 2002.

1. adynatos

adynatos Guest

can anyone help me to make chapterrs in a vcd please?
    regards from greece

george

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

If you are following the guide on the Afterdawn website, then I might be able to help you, although it may be cumbersome, I don't know another way. When getting to the cutting up the movie part (into two CDs with TMPGEnc) what I do is check the filename_info.txt file that was created using SmartRipper and find the points of the chapter in there (best to print it off, unless you have large screen). I then follow the guide, but instead of cutting up 74 minute chunks, I used the MPEG Tools to cut the exact number of seconds/frames in the .txt file. This will create 20 or 30 files, each starting at the beginning of the chapter and finishing at the end (just before the end, be careful, as otherwise you will end up with a jump or delay in the movie). The next bit, is when you burn the CD (In Nero) just use the wizard to create a Video CD and select each chapter in order. VERY IMPORTANT - Make sure you right click each file and select NO PAUSE between each track, otherwise it will really piss you off!

Next follow the guide here :

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/nero_videocd_guide.cfm

To make a funky menu at the beginning.

That's about it. If anyone knows a quicker/less cumbersome way, I would love to know.

Paul.

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

wow loaded I was about to say the same thing except I use dvtool ..... dont you love it..

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

:)

Happy ripping / burning. Let me know if you need help with this one adynatos, as I have done it a few times and it does work, but you need to be patient.

Paul.

PS : Glad I saved you the trouble Wonderboy and congratulations on being in the 'chart'