1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make the DVD menu start first

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by McBobi, Sep 20, 2004.

1. McBobi

McBobi Member

I use the DVD Decripter to copy the DVD to HDD. The DVD start with couple of anoing trailers aditional to the FBI warning etc.
    There is a way to edit the ifo file to make the DVD start with the DVD menu first?
    Any help.

McBobi

2. erikjg63

erikjg63 Member

McBobi,

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're asking involves reauthoring. Unfortunately, I'm such a newb that I can't offer much more insight than that. I use DVD Shrink and there is a "Reauthor" toolbar button that allows you to pick and choose precisely what you want to include on your backup. However, I think doing this disables the menu functionality. I suspect there is a way to build your own menu system, but it's far beyond me at this point.

Regards,

Erik

3. McBobi

McBobi Member

Erik,

I know that DVDShrink can reauthor the DVD but the menu is gone than. Mybe I need to post this question on advenced section?
    Anyway Thanks,

McBabi

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

5. erikjg63

erikjg63 Member

Mc,

Sorry I jumped in with nothing of real value. I'm so excited that I finally burned my first good backup (after 4 coasters in a row), that I felt compelled to try to contribute something. :) I too would like to experiment with menus and so forth. If you find any good info, don't forget to share the wealth. :)

Erik

6. McBobi

McBobi Member

The infoedit program is not easy to use. Can somebody point me to the right place to look for setup the DVD menu to start first. I gues is easy but no one come up with this in the forum. I think is great thing to to this in case of some DVD.