1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Make XBMC Your Default Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by FuZ3, Aug 5, 2006.

1. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I don't know how to do that, lol. If you taught me I would write a guide.

2. al_he_79

al_he_79 Member

how would i teach you? there is a way to private message another user i dont know if there is. cause i need to give you some links to get xored trainer launcher or just do a google if there is no way for us to communicate in private for links, once you have xored just ftp it to your xbox in apps and name the folder xored then if you havent load the trainers load em in c: trainers then you can launch xored from applications in xbmc and load the trainer you wish. by the way let me know if there is a way to private each other or another way i know we cant put out our eamil in plubic so help me out there lol.

3. KaM1kAzE

KaM1kAzE Member

@ reaper271 are you using an evox dashboard? If so, the apps folder should be on something like /c/nk/apps.... at least thats where my apps should be at.
    @ al_he_79 is auto installers suppose to be hard to download or somthing? I am using bitlord for 1 hour and it's not picking up anything. I have verizon DSL so i dont think its the connection.
    @ FuZ3 thanks for the info bout CD-R I'll use one as soon as i get the auto installer. As for the new guide do you know how to watch tv shows on XBMC? If you do you ccould make a guide out of that.

4. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Watch TV shows on XBMC? I doubt it. But your apps folder should be located at E:/Apps But it's not always the same.

5. al_he_79

al_he_79 Member

@kaM1kAzE try to download from another site maybe that one is no good send me a private and ill send you some good links to where get some good torrents and good speeds

@fuz3 the newest update for t3ch xbmc has lots of good scrips one of em has one to watch tv about 20 channels, but i havent been able to watch nothing i put it on a channel but nothing comes on but there is programs to watch tv, the question is do they work? so far they dont for me.
    how about a guide on how to update t3ch xbmc with newest update. ;)

6. reaper271

reaper271 Guest

i am softmodded

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006
  7. al_he_79

al_he_79 Member

well only thing i can tell you is from evox if you have it installed go to apps and see if you have apps there if you do then you should have a folder in your xbox call apps if you dont see an apps option in your evox then create one.

or like someone said earlier
    @ reaper271 are you using an evox dashboard? If so, the apps folder should be on something like /c/nk/apps.... at least thats where my apps should be at

8. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

You would need to get me a link to download it. But if you do PM it to me.

9. asken

asken Member

If i have Evox installed and its original .xbe is called "evoxdash.xbe" and i want the one i made "default.xbe" to be the one loading at startup, what do i do then?

I have already transfered the default.xbe to its right place, but when rebooting its still Evox and not XBMC.

10. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Then maybe it's in the wrong place or it has the wrong name.

11. asken

asken Member

Right, all i had to do was rename it "evoxdash.xbe" instead of "default.xbe". Painless and easy. Thx anyways :)

12. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

No problem.

13. Fusion187

Fusion187 Member

hey fuz3??? umm the modded dash shown is a 360 one right? so if i put it on my xbox will i get banned from xbox live?? also do you need to have a modded dash to start with? cause i dont.

14. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

It's XBMC with an Xbox 360 skin. It's on an original Xbox. I would suggest not doing this if you want to get on Xbox Live.

15. Fusion187

Fusion187 Member

ugg i tried to do it and i did every thing correct but when i reboot my box it goes to the normal default dashboard can anyone help me???

16. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Then maybe the shortcut is in the wrong place.

17. Fusion187

Fusion187 Member

when i do the shortcut i just put it on my dersktop is that bad?

18. suddoth

suddoth Guest

hey could you send me a e-mail of your evox(softmod)and linux because mine is screwed up

19. suddoth

suddoth Guest

i'manidiot.com edited by ddp. my evox is through splintercell and i need to know if any one could send me a link to get a new evox

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  20. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@Fusion187[/bold]
    When I said wrong place I mean't on your Xbox.

[bold]@suddoth[/bold]
    You can't post emails on AfterDawn. But here is a link to the linux files: http://hosted.filefront.com/BxRBungie/1694904
    You are going to need the SID4 Installer and the SID4 Splinter Cell (either the NTSC for the United States or PAL for like China)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006