1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Sep 17, 2004.

1. melefire

melefire Guest

I dont have a swapdisk or any swaping method, i do have a retail cpoy of HDLoader but i was wondering if i could still install the exploit with out swapping?

thanks

2. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

you would need to read tutorials on ES or PS2HD or even afterdawn. look for exploit installer with retail HDL. it would be something like create an iso, and install it with some program, like winhiip. but you have to put the ps2hdd onto your pc to do all of that. it's not hard methods, but sometimes we just dont have the resources.

3. melefire

melefire Guest

i can easily put my ps2hd in my comp, so all i have to do is install the exploit iso as a game and run it off ps2? Right, or more than that?

thanks

4. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

actually that sounds right.

i think it should ask questions or do something else. have you started the process?? make sure you have your PS1 trigger CD as well. THAT is crucial.

5. melefire

melefire Guest

Ok, i have 2 possible trigger disks so i am ok. But on one guide i read it said to install FTP on the ps2 and then upload the files to it via a pc? Is this the way to go?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  6. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

that is for IF and only IF you really want to do that. some people dont have the capability. if you do and you want to, then that is fine. but if you dont mind putting the ps2 HDD on your computer, then go for it. what tutorial site are you using? ES or ps2hd?

uhhhmmmmm how will you install FTP on the ps2 in the first place?? that does not seem like the way to go. winhiip and retail HDL will make a way.

7. melefire

melefire Guest

I am using this guide, and everything seems to be ok so far:

Here

8. nsksoni

nsksoni Member

dear l-burna,

i burnt disk as u instruct,then putted in ps2,screen told installation complete,but when i restart and press config key from boot from mc.it really not worked,why is it so?i m using matrix infinity chipped in my ps2.plz give me some solution

9. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

if you can already hook up the PS2 HDD to your PC, skip over the network installation. my opinion says that it's more of a hassle. if you STILL have to put the drive on your PC, why not just dump the exploit installer to the drive with winhiip instead of having to install a bunch of things?? but hey, do what you want.

10. melefire

melefire Guest

Well in the long run, installing FTP will be useful so i can easily install more elfs with out a usb.

11. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

hmm.... you do have a point there. i think that my beef with it was that i dont have my ps2 and PC in the same room. so it would have been a hassle and waste of time for me to either move my ps2 to the computer or vice versa. although, i have a tv tuner card in my pc and have played games on my ps2 through my pc, i'd still rather not do ftp. if it works for you then go with it.

12. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

13. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

Sorry,

but could someone please tell me the purpose of an exploit?

14. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

you can use it like swap magic.exploits have loaders and you can use programs like cogswap which work like swap magic,you can use hd advance so you can boot from your hard drive.you still need a flip top or slide card if you want to boot backups.

15. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

16. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

i dont think so unfortunately

17. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

how can i find out which version i have

just gonna throw sum info out there.. model SCPH-77001, Serial FU4188733.............

-------

what hinders the memory card exploit from working on versions 11 and up?

18. Whodisguy

Whodisguy Member

well... I got a v12 slim and I've successfully covered all sensors. I have Codebreaker v9.0 and I downloaded two separate copies of AR MAX for PS2 and burned them to CD-R's using NERO 6. I set codebreaker not to eject the game so that it won't spin the disc before I can swap it out. I start CB v9.0 and swap it for AR MAX, but it just won't do anything. it just sits there at codebreaker reading the CD-R. Also, I've used PS2 Exploit Utility 5.0 to make a .xps save of the exploit and converted it to a .cbs using PS2 save builder v0.8. Then I used a usb drive to put it on my Memory Card with code breaker, but even then I couldn't start the exploit. Is it because I have a slim? Even so, why can't I load my CD-R of AR MAX using the codebreaker + swapping?

~WhoDisGuy

19. bassdevil

bassdevil Guest

ok so i created the exploit disk. i am wondering how to boot it up. i don't have swap magic or action replay. i tried inserting a ps1 game and then going into the browser and using my slide card to open the disk drive and then putting my exploit disk in but when i loaded the disk the screen just went black. is there any other way to do it on an un-modded ps2?

20. Whodisguy

Whodisguy Member

Yes, you need to boot the disc with an actual PS2 title. I used to use a GameShark v2, but it got too scratched... now I'm trying to use a CodeBreaker v9.0 to boot the exploit on my slim. It should work, but it isn't and that's making me frustrated. But yes, you need to start the exploit disc by starting up a GameShark(the new one doesn't work...) or a CodeBreaker or SwapMagic and then swapping with the exploit disc using your slide card when it says "Insert game disc and press X" or something to that effect.