1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Sep 17, 2004.

1. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

the simple answer is get some money. spend about 25 bux on a code breaker and about 25 bux on a usb flash drive. do the exploit with those 2 products, almost guaranteed to work. i just happened to already have both of them, and found the exploit sites, and went all out with reading and reading. then one day i was about to test everything. it took me 4 tries, because i copied something wrong. but it ended up working out for me. and if i can do it, you can do it.

2. 8ert

8ert Member

The difference with v12 ps2 (slimline) is they fixed the buffer overflow that let the ps1 disc boot the exploit from the memory card. I don't know about the v11 though. I assumed all the fatboys were fine.

3. Gdot73

Gdot73 Member

ok i've read through this topic and want to make a exploit but can this boot discs like normal cds or is it onli off a harddrive and if it can boot the cds how does it work what programmes/elfs do i need
    thanks

4. Whodisguy

Whodisguy Member

I ended up just getting a SwapMagic with special lid for my v12 Slim, but I need to know... I know that there are iso loaders from HDD, but are there ISO loaders that load ISO from USB storage? I need this because my Slim's laser doesn't like alot of the DVD-R's that I burn, but I can't use a HDD either.

5. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yes you can go here scroll down to usbadvance v1 elf. On your USB drive you need to make a folder called SWAPMAGIC, then copy elf there and rename it to SWAPMAGIC.ELF , It has to be in all caps as I have it.
    You can also download the usb extreme win32 utility or usbinsane to copy the games to your usb drive.
    Then just have your usb drive on, boot up with Swap Magic in and it should detect the swapmagic.elf on your usb drive and show your games.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  6. tmh5587

tmh5587 Member

hey every one i am kinda new to ps2 exploits but i am very experienced in xbox modifications. well my question is how i can do this exploit with a gameshark 2, it says its version 1.3 but i have read many fourms and find no one that talks about a version 1.3. Further more as i understand I can't tell the version from just looking on the disc, but thats what the disc says on it for the version."correct me if im wrong".

The main question i have is about the mc exploit i have fallowed a tutorial that shows me how to run the exploit off of the memory card and a ps1 disc, as the trigger disc, also using the GS to transfer the files to the MC. The problem i run into is that I don't know what formate the GS saves as.

Here is what i have done so far. I have used independent compiler, tony hawk 3, the ps2 save builder and the GS. I used the ps1 disc and put it in the cd drive of my computer, then I use the compiler to grabe the cd's id and create the exploit file. At this point the file extention is .xps, then I re save is with the ps2 save builder as the formate that the GS uses. "Which by the way i don't know, plz let me know what formate this GS uses". then I turn on the ps2 and insert the GS and the MC i am going to use. I go into the Memory Card and Game save Manager, and insert my Flash drive. I copy the Exploit file I just made from the flash drive to the MC. Then I resart the ps2 and put the Tony Hawk 3 ps1 game in and the memory card loaded with the exploit, but the only thing it does is loads the game.

Am I doing something wrong, like saving the exploit file as the wrong formate???????

7. Whodisguy

Whodisguy Member

I'm guessing that this GameShark is fairly new, right? If it's new enough to read usb flash drives, then it is too new. Mine was about a year old and it read usb and it wouldn't do it either. My GameShark was blue and had space and stars and planets in the menu. It was made to not let you install the Your SystemConfiguration save, which is the name of the modded system config with the exploit. My suggestion is... try an exploit installerlike Ubergeek's and swap it out, or you can borrow a friend's CodeBreaker or Action Replay.

8. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Gameshark saves as .md for sharkport, or .sps for shark-port2
    I would think the .md as that is what gameshark.com has for its save files. Try it and see.

9. tmh5587

tmh5587 Member

thanks guys thats what i needed to know but i think ill just barrow my friends action replay. also i tried saving it as a .md i knew that from the website as you have said but for some reason it still wouldn't take. I do really think the reason is because its to new, but thanks

10. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Actually if its jsut game saves you want to transfer to memory card, just follow this thread.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366481 or as you say borrow your friends action replay and through its memory manager you can just uncrush the save to mc.

11. Spawn714

Spawn714 Guest

hey can anyone help me im completely new at this and i dont get what you guys are talking about i have gameshark v2 and i do the tutorial and i reset with the trigger disk and it just starts up the game can anyone help me i did it over like 15 times now it wont work i go to data and the exploit is right there

12. tmh5587

tmh5587 Member

well guys i don't just want save games, i wanted to mod my ps2 with the memory card exploit. The problem i face now is that the action replay i am using doesn't recognize my flash drives so im kinda boned until i can find one that its compatible with. I know how the save games work but i just can't get the file on the memory card as a action replay file extention, because the action replay will not recognize my flash drive. If any one has a better way of doing the memory card exploit plz let me know or if you know what flash drives are compatible with the action replay max also let me know.

Thanks for every ones help and if any one needs help with modding xboxes , only soft modes, just let me know on this thread but plz start a new thread for it so that this thread stays on topic.

13. Whodisguy

Whodisguy Member

lol, softmodding xbox1 is uber easy. those homebrew apps are hella fun too.

on topic* I think you'd be better off buying swap magic. I have no regrets making that decision. Big headache relief. And you can still run homebrew and ELF's from the MC or USB or HDD or a CD/DVD, so long as you have a homebrew startup disc prepared.

14. trav_555

trav_555 Member

hello, i was wondering if anyone had that keylauncher program because when i click the link in the first posting it just comes up with a weird site and no download thanks

o and so this does work with an unmodded ps2 right?

15. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

16. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

What is the most up to date way to run a memory card exploit? I have huge fears with my PS2s laser dying (I'm on my 4th PS2 due to DREs) so I want to store my game collection on an HDD and never have to boot from the optical drive again. What would be my best options?

17. preludexl

preludexl Member

Joshewah

dude you are like me. I am trying to do it for my GF. But I have a softmodded Xbox and just started readingabout the PS2 softmod. The xbox one is way easier to live with....no swapping necessary after you get it softmodded. The PS2 you have to swap every single time with the Magic Disk exploit, the Action Replay exploit, etc.

Best way seems to be to get a mod chip and solder it on, that way you dont have to do all this swapping.

Hopefully my gf's ps2 isnt a v14 and I can just install a IDE. I dont know if linking is allowed so to make your life eaiser after spending all night reading and downloading.

All the apps needed is found at sksapps. google it.

18. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

use the independence exploit tool, use your trigger cd, or use a list of your own trigger cd's and go from there. Exploitstation has all the info, and most of the tools. ubergeek's exploit installer should make the work easy for you too.

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

where can I get keylauncher?

20. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

you really shouldnt use keylauncher. uLaunchElf is much better by leaps and bounds. but if there's something that only keylauncher does, then you should be able to find that at sksapps dot com