1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Sep 17, 2004.

1. colvinTKC

colvinTKC Member

Hey-

Umm...no, that didn't work. Still got the same problem. I get the black screen saying who it was coded by and everything, but that error message still comes up. If ANYBODY can figure this out, there may be a prize involved, lol. Again, ive got a 120gb hard drive, unmodded ps2, and HDLoader. Ive got ISOBuster, WinHiip v6.3, ps2CDGen, everything. I'd try burning the bin to a cdr using Nero, but if I'm correct it won't boot anyway, that and it must be a problem within the bin file anyway. So, if anyone can help, or if you have questions, lemme know.

2. colvinTKC

colvinTKC Member

Just to add on to the previous post, does the SLUS number of the game im going to use to boot need to be included somewhere in the bin file or no

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The cdloaderV7_beta5.2 won't work as far as I know sabinrain.I have been trying to get it the damn thing to work,but always fails.I have been trying for quite some time now also.The reason that one won't work is because it fails to get to the second menu right.I can think of all the other cdloaders those would work,but this one is alot different.I think somebody would have to build a multi boot .ELF file for the cdloaderV7_beta5.2 to work.I have no clue on how to get the thing to work yet.I have asked in numerous places,but seem to get the same answer.I found another person just like me that couldn't get it to work,but not enough people have reported that it doesn't work yet I guess.I can get everything else to work except for cdloaderV7_beta5.2,which bugs the hell out of me to be honest.I have no clue on how to help you out colvinTKC if I did I would though,maybe somebody that knows the flaw you are having can come and help.

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

I think L-Burna is right.I havent been able to boot cdloader from the Memory Card either?

Atax =)
    Great, you got it workin.
    Never doubt Jonjack man =)

5. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

Still can't get that damn ps2os to see a usb drive... What other ELF management programs are suppose to have support for usb mass storage devices???

6. bigmeat

bigmeat Guest

Hi

i'm having a problem getting hdadvance to run off the mc.
    i stripped out the files from the keylauncher.iso as its too big to fit on my (pretty full) mc.
    i have put HDADVANCE.ELF into its own folder on the mc but when i try to run it using keylauncher 4 i get a black screen saying loading from mc and then screen just goes black. I know kl.dat is set up properley to load hdadvance.

are there any other files i should put in the hdadvance partition?

7. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Regular member

Just a followup post for what I've been talking about, in my Start-pack on my website: ITS PAL!
    In ps2 save builder the directory is BEDATA-SYSTEM, now that is Australian, NZ, PAL - BADATA-SYSTEM is US, so change it to that if you live in US, for JAP change it to BIDATA-SYSTEM

8. BGiglio

BGiglio Member

I've been trying a lot of methods, I have my ps1 game and everything ready but I have a major question i can't seem to get answered anywhere.

I have no modchip, I have not bought any software. I do have the downloaded HDLoader, CDLoader, a HD, BBA, and a v7 ps2...

Can I mod mine without actually buying swap magic, or a modchip, or the retail HDLoader?

9. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Regular member

Short Answer: No.
    Nope, Not possible.

Long Answer: No
    Requires A pressed bootable cd which can then boot another cd to load the exploit. (AR Max Evo is good)

Edit:
    [bold]I've made an online title.db generator at the site in my signature. Click on site index when u get there![/bold]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]-Alex
    http://www.wirelesssupplies.net/ps2 for full guides and software related to software and hardware Ps2 Modding![/small]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  10. EvilKid1

EvilKid1 Member

Isn't AR MAX EVO for cheat only? How would it help you boot homebrew file?

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

ARMax EVO is able to pick up the usb pen drives,so in conjunction of a usb device it will pick up the exploit.If you look off codejunkies.com they sell the ARMax EVO edition with a usb pen drive also,so it works with usb pen drives along with other usb methods of getting the exploits to work.

12. EvilKid1

EvilKid1 Member

I have one more question. Can you put the file into ps1 memory card?

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nope...the ELF files that are mentioned are dealing with PS2.I think they are only compatible to run off PS2.I never tried using a PS1 memory card,but I am sure it doesn't work for the PS1 memory cards.

14. strid03

strid03 Member

been reading this board for a while now. got everything to work with my keylauncher 0.4 btw. anyway, just wondering, do you guys have problems using hdloader or hdadvance when it comes to online games such as socom? i know that some games will work and some won't but socom doesn't even detect my network adaptor at all. i also tried monster hunter with no avail. i have tried this on a v4 and a v7 ps2.

15. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Online games with DNAS authentication wont work from the harddrive.
    Other online games work just fine tho.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8300, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    512MB DDR SDRAM, 120GB HD
    Sony DL DRU700A, NEC ND1100A
    XP Home, GeForce FX-5200[/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  16. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

n/m
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ALL TRUE GAMERS PLAY ON EVERY PLATFORM![/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  17. strid03

strid03 Member

yeah, but im wondering why my ps2 doesn't even detect a network adaptor when i try to play games that doesn't use dnas when using hdloader etc. could it be that the exploit has some kind of effect? or maybe just keylauncher..

18. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

Any online enabled game, both DNAS and NON-DNAS games, cannot use the network adapter when using HDAdvance or HDLoader... Since the HDA and HDL consume the drivers for the network adapter...and won't let the game use them... Thus you get that error msg that the network adapter is not detected (because it is in use by another program)...

19. strid03

strid03 Member

well that sucks. heard of some instances when the original hdloader or hdadvance would work from other places though..

20. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member