1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Sep 17, 2004.

1. strid03

strid03 Member

um.. dnas checks and the ps2 not detecting the network adaptor are two different problems..

2. nac_jacks

nac_jacks Member

Just seeing if I'm reading this correctly. Is the only way to use this exploit is by having a Gameshark or Action Replay disc?

Thanks

3. Ataxonu

Ataxonu Member

Yes you need an action replay max evo kit (its about $40) and well worth the purchase, and you even get a 16mb usb 2.0 flash drive with it... The software is pretty good and is one of the only softwares that can see a usb flash drive connected to the ps2 giving you the ability to uncrush your exploit onto it... From now on you can redo your exploit anytime you wish without having the waste cd-rs....

4. nac_jacks

nac_jacks Member

Darn, If I'm going to spend $40 I may as well get HDLoader since that's all I would use it for anyway.

Thanks for the response.

5. EvilKid1

EvilKid1 Member

Can I use Code Breaker and my own USB Drive to put exploit to the memory card?

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would have to agree nac_jacks harddrive would probably be the better way to go,but still the memory card exploit doesn't have to use the Action Replay or Gameshark only.It can be put on the memory card with swap magic discs or modchip,so there are alot more ways of using the exploit.I am not sure as for codebreaker being used for the memory card exploit using the thumb drive.It might be possible,but does the codebreaker have a uncompress option in there for the thumb drive if so then yeah it can work.

7. mrchan

mrchan Member

Questions:

I have a flip top cover and swap magic discs. What I want to do is use HDADVANCE and a network adapter w/ hard drive to load my games so I can load them from the HD instead of the disc.

So, if I understand this correctly, I can use this Independence Installer to create a CD, then use my swap magic and flip top cover to install the memory card exploit with HDADVANCE on it and use my swap magic cd as my trigger cd.

I can then load the HDADVANCE software from the MC, backup games to the Hard Drive and run games directly from that?

8. strid03

strid03 Member

yeah you can do all that but im not sure whether you could or should use your swap magic disc as a trigger. just use a psx game that you really regret buying. in my case.. riven --'

9. Tacvba

Tacvba Guest

I've been reading a bunch of the posts and I need for someone to point me to the HDADVANC ".elf" zip of rar I can load directly on the MC.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2004
  10. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Do a search in Google.
    Trust me.

11. Tacvba

Tacvba Guest

That's what I've been trying for weeks now. Maybe I'm typing the wrong thing? I search "HDADVANC .elf zip rar" and I can't find it. What should I do?

12. RunAmuck

RunAmuck Member

I know this is an old question but I have been attempting to get this working for over 2 weeks now.

I can get the MC exploit to install on my MC but it will not boot from it. can someone send me an .iso image that I can install from? I have an SCPH 39000 with a Messiah chip and a 30001 no mod.

Please help.

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Ummmm...Tacvba you can get it off the keylauncher disc which is on the very first page of this thread.Then just pull it out with a iso extractor program such as iso buster or Ultraiso one of those programs will pull out the files in the image.

14. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Regular member

I just helped someone (using PM) And thought It might be better to tell everyone so everyone benefits, here is the message I sent:
    Hello there,
    Sorry to see you've had so much trouble. I'm no expert on installing the CD exploit, but got it to work using Action Replay (Game shark in US) Max, which allows you to put saves onto the memory card (you make the save on the computer and inject it into a file, put that on your memory card, and voilla exploit (Ar max is required to put it on the memory card)

Anyway on my forums there's a thread for what your on about, and a tutorial for it, and a tutorial for max saves, here's all:
    Titled "Creating a PS2 Independence Installer CD (contains PSMENU-K)"
    http://www.exploitstation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75

And this one requires you to be registered and logged in:
    "Making a cogswaploader exploit disc"
    http://www.exploitstation.com/getarticle.php?cat=1&id=7

"Making your own max save"
    http://www.exploitstation.com/getarticle.php?cat=1&id=2

I hope you find this information helpful. Exploitstation is a community of exploiters so if you need more help head to the forums over there.

15. t1charlie

t1charlie Guest

Hi L-Burna,

I was wondering...what .irx file is associated with what .elf file? I see in the FILES folder alot of programs that i dont need and would like to delete them to save memory. The problem is i dont know what files to delete, esp. those .irx files. Im mostly interested in keeping hdloader, hdadvance, and cogswaploader. I also might want to buy a harddrive to put into the ps2..would the ps2link program be needed for that? And also, is it correct that you cannot use backup games for hdloader (only hdadvance work)?

Thanks in advance

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am guessing most of those files are pretty necessary the .irx files.I wouldn't really suggest getting rid of any of them.I have no clue which ones to get rid of,but you could probably find the .irx modules by downloading the actual .elf files seperate again.It should have a readme file in there saying which .irx files are needed for those programs that you want to keep,and with this in mind you can dump the rest of the .irx files.

17. Tacvba

Tacvba Guest

Thanks L-Burna, you rock.

18. gbrumback

gbrumback Guest

I have looked, but not seen the answer to my question. Is it possible to load the .iso to the hdd via winhiip, or hdl_dump, then run the install via hd loader. I have a an unmodded ps2 v7 and origianl HD Loader, but no way to load a burned cd. I have a psx game to boot the exploit. Just need to install it. Does anyone know how to do this, and what changes are necessary to make it install from the hdd.

19. whelixw

whelixw Guest

I have followed this "How to" and some other guides on how to install the Swap Magic to my MC. Its installed but i cannot get ps2menu to boot up. The independence installer works great and installs the files. I have checked my Title.db and it had the right id from the game. But all I get is a black blank screen when i put my psx game in...Please help!!!

20. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Sorry gbrumback I would help you out,but I don't have the harddrive man.I am sure somebody might be willing to help you out on here,if not you can always check with other fellow hdd users man.Hey whelixw what title.db creator are you using.I have a gui title.db creator that is pretty nifty if you are trying to use the Slus off a PSX disc.The program runs off the system.cnf file off the PSX disc,all you do is pop the system.cnf file from the PSX game in the program and it builds it into a title.db file for you.I was wondering is this the same program you are using or is it a different program.