1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How-to on shrinking files that are to big for 4.7 GB disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by srbvamp, Aug 9, 2007.

1. srbvamp

srbvamp Guest

I am new at this so please bear with me. I have 4.7 GB disk that everyone knows only really holds 4.3GB, but my movie file if 4.83GB and I need it to fit, how may I go about this? I read the DVD-9 guide but am still confused if I have to adjust these settings on DVD Shrink to the DVD-9 setting or simply follow the guide instructions which says nothing about clicking that setting. I am using obviously DVD Shrink to do this and have Nero available for burn as well as others such as Decrypter. The problem is the movie file is already on my computer waiting, having already been ripped off from the original, and in several attempts have not been able to remove enough to get it down to size to fit without losing footage. May be able to get the disk again to start all over but was hoping to work with the files already stored on my computer. Any advisement on how to make it fit without ditching so much and compressing it would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi srbvamp
    Leave the default setting of dvd-5 for Shrink. It will compress it to fit on the disc.
    Uncheck the unneeded audios in Shrink. I only leave ac3-5.1 to help with compression.
    Plus w/ the size only being 4.83 not much compression will be used so the loss of any quality will be minimal at best.