1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to open a D2V file with VFAPIConvEN?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Jordan-Co, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jordan-Co

Jordan-Co Member

I have a problem with VFAPIConvEN v1.05. With dvd2avi I have made a d2v file which I need to open with VFAPIConvEN according to a guide on internet, but my VFAPIConvEN doesn't support d2v files. Only *.tpr files..
    What do I have to do so my VFAPIConvEN supports d2v files?

Thank you in advance

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First you have to be useing Version 1.77.3 of DVD2AVI or earlier for this to work...Pluss you have to install the VFAPI Codec before useing the VFAPI converter...You install the VFAPI Codec by running the "VifpSet.bat" file in the VFAPI converter folder..

Also you can not moove or delete or rename any of the Files between your Source files and the D2V file or it won"t work.....

Cheers

3. tinobd

tinobd Member

Hi I have the same problem as Jordan...my vfapi can only load with *.tpr extension, but my file is in *.d2v which vfapi cannot see. Anyone knows why I cant get vfapi to se the *.d2v extension. I have used DVD2AVI 1.77.4 and installed the vfapi codec, but DVD2AVI makes a *.d2v file and not a *.tpr file. Can I just rename the extension from *.tpr to *.d2v ?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your Problem is that you are useing "DVD2AVI 1.77.4"..
    You can not use this version because it doesn"t support VFAPI...You Must use version 1.77.3 or ealier!!

5. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Hi ...my problem with DVD2AVI and VFAPICon problem is a little different....my VFAPIcon converter sees the d2v file but the pseudo avi file created has 0 Kbs. So then in i use MainConcept to encode this psudo AVI file it says "No Video"...please help.....

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well first make sure you have the VFAPI Codec installed...Also make sure you are useing DVD2AVI version 1.76 to 1.77.3 because the newest version will not work for this....

Also make sure you do Not Moove, Delete or Rename any of the Files between the Vob files and the D2V file.....

Cheers