1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pass the Sony Bios Passsword...Plzzz Help Mee

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by godzy, Oct 4, 2004.

1. godzy

godzy Member

Hi!!!!!!!!!

i have sony labtop (PCG-FX800) and soon as i start the computer it goes to a screen and asking me to put a password which i dont have...

is there any one out there who can help meee
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If it is possible to do on a laptop, pull the motherboard battery and clear the CMOS. Then put the battery back in and try to reboot. You should not get the password request.

3. john179

john179 Active member

I managed to do accidently put a password in my bios once.As i could not even re call putting the password in i took the cmos battery out for a couple of seconds.This allowed my bios to re set to default.

4. godzy

godzy Member

well what you guys say is right... but with this sony labtops it dosent work...

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Well, darn. I don't know laptops at all, but there should be a set of pins for clearing the CMOS. You have to either put a jumper on these pins, or move a jumper from its normal postion to the pins next to it. Usually the configuration is 3 pins with the normal position having a jumper on pins 1 and 2. You have to pull the jumper and put it on pins 2 and 3, for about 5 seconds. Then put the pins back to the normal position and put the battery back in, paying close attention to make sure it goes in the same way it came out.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Bruce Wallace
    Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

3.06 Ghz Intel P4 CPU
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
    1Gig Corsair 3200 LLPro DDR Ram
    Plextor PX 708A DVD Burner
    Sony CRX320E DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x24x52 Combo
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Video Card
    Audigy2 Platinum[/small]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  6. godzy

godzy Member

well i asked some about the jumpers.. and they said they dont have jumpers in this mother board... and they some flsash memory orr something...

but i saw discussion on this site some guy wrote a program that can work out the default password through the serial number.....

i know for this sony laptops they is a unique default password for every mashine...

7. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

The password is stored in a seperate eeprom, as far as i know there is no way to reset it other than sending it off to a shop.