1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to play burned dvd xbox games without mod chips.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by zeeshan83, Feb 23, 2005.

1. zeeshan83

zeeshan83 Member

OK I have a question about xbox. I'm thinking about buy XBOX.But I don't want to buy games I want to burned dvd and play.I can't efford games so I have a question that is there any possibility to play games without mod chips. Somebody told me that you can't play burn dvd on xbox you need mod chips to play burned games.I heard that mod chips are not secure to put on xbox.Mod chips can destroy your xbox.So please tell me some solution to play burned dvd games without mod chips.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

well if you buy a brand new xbox it will probably be a version 1.6, so your only option is a modchip or softmod...if you can find a older xbox version 1.0-1.5 you can flash the tsop(no modchip required)...a tsop flash will do pretty much everything that a chipped box can do...modchips will not destroy the xbox(unless you destroy the xbox while trying to install the chip)...they make the box run a bit hotter, but you can always upgrade the cooling...i have 2 modded box's and 1 is a year and a half old and still running strong.

most people add a bigger fan, or do the 12v fan mod to increase the cooling of the xbox.

i forgot to mention, your xbox MUST BE MODDED in some way to play burnt media.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  3. modster

modster Regular member

Good advice mdsup, but I have one question, regarding replacement of the cooling fan. If I were going to replace it with a 12v fan, then where can I get the 12v power to the fan? can I plug the 12v fan in the same plug as the original fan that came with the xbox?

oh, zeeshan83, get the xecuter 3 CE..this chip is very easy to install and it works great!

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can change the stock fan to 12v...just cut the black wire down by the connector that plugs into the motherboard, strip a little bit of it, so you have some wire exposed, and just solder it, or tape(elec. tape) it to the metal shielding...this makes it 12v, it is quite a bit noisy at first, but you will get use to it.

the bigger fans(requires cutting of the fan aswell as the hd tray) most of them come with a molex connector on them, so you can just plug them into the hd power source.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2005