1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play games on softmodded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by SprtnMad, Apr 16, 2006.

1. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

I have Unleashed X, and I want to play xbox games. So if I have a game file, and I transfer it to the xbox, how can I play it? In other words, what type of file does the game need to be if I want to play it directly from the Xbox HD? (what file extension? like .iso, .rar, etc.)

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you will need a program like qwix or Craxtion 4,i prefer Qwix and the File type will be an Xiso which ytou cannot open on your computer you will have to exract it with Qwix....but unless you have an upgraded HD you cant put games on your xbox maybe 1 at the most....depending on size that is.....

3. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

I tried changing the file name to .Xiso, but it still wouldnt play. I even tried .xiso, but it just gave me a 186 error (or something close to that number). Why doesnt it work? BTW, if it helps, I'll tell you that its a softmod, not a hardmod.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

did you burn these files to disc or send them to your xbox, and what game is it exactly???

5. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

The game is Driver: Parallel Lines. After I got the files for it, then I put them in one folder called "Driver Parallel Lines". Then I created an ISO of the folder. Then I FTP'd the folder into a "Games" folder that I created on the "E" drive of my xbox.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

where did you get the files from did you download them because they should come in about 50 .rar files probably and inside that .rar file is the xiso ready to play.....if you ftp'd them from your xbox i would use qwix for that it will create an xiso directly from the xbox to your pc ready to burn.....i also just read that you tried to change the filename that is wrong you have to create an Xiso with Qwix not just rename it.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2006
  7. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

Yes, I downloaded them, and the files came in a folder. There were about 45 files, and were named drvplx-dgr.001, drvplx-dgr.002, and so on until drvplx-drg.044, they werent in .rar format. So do I have to change each one of the files to .rar, then make the folder into an Xiso?

8. theridges

theridges Guest

no double click the first one and it will have the image ready to burn inside just drag it onto your desktop....and burn it....

9. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

After I click on the "drvplx-dgr.001", nothing happens, except a box comes up saying that windows does not recognize the program.

10. dcvickers

dcvickers Regular member

go to winace.com and get the latest winace archiver. i think the free one is free for like 30 days. after you get it installed right click on the drvplx-dgr.001 file and go to open with. find winace and it should extract everything.

11. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

Ok, that works, so after I extract the ISO, what do I do next?

12. dcvickers

dcvickers Regular member

you have to burn it to dvd or cdr if itll fit. i guess any kind of burner will work, nero, alcohol 120, etc. choose disc image, find the iso, and click burn. just make sure you burn it on a slow speed or it might not work when you try to play it. you could also download qwix and transfer it to your hdd if you have enough space.

13. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

So I can just extract all 44 ISOs and put them in a folder on the xbox, and it would work?

14. dcvickers

dcvickers Regular member

there shouldnt be 44 isos. you only have to open the first file with winace and itll extract the entire iso for you. also, you cant you cant just put an iso on the hdd. you need qwix. it sets up an ftp connection and converts and uploads the isos to your xbox in a playable format.

15. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

When I got the game, there were 44 files, the first one named drvplx-dgr.001, the second one named drvplx-dgr.002, and so on until drvplx-drg.044, so there are 44 files like that, so that means that within each of those fies, there is an ISO. So how would I combine all of them?

16. dcvickers

dcvickers Regular member

you dont have to combine any of them. only extract the first one and youll get the entire iso.

17. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

Then wouldnt that mean that I'm only getting 1 part of the game? If I'm extracting the ISO from only drvplx-dgr.001, then what are the other files for (the drvplx-dgr.002, drvplx-dgr.003, etc up until drvplx-dgr.044)?

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Don't forget he's mucked about changing the names of all the rar files (Duh!!) so he's probably broken all the links..make a folder..open the first rar file and extract it to that folder...same with the second and so on..each time point the extract to the same folder.. it will say "do you want to overwrite" Yes...eventually you will get a folder with one .iso file in it (about 3.9GB if memory serves) burn this to a dvd as an image or saved project.. After all this messing around with it you will be very lucky if it still works.. :)

We shouldn't really help people with this piracy ??... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
  19. dcvickers

dcvickers Regular member

no youll get the entire iso like ive said before. but id recommend what jan said now because of the moving and renaming and what not youve done with the files.

20. SprtnMad

SprtnMad Member

The files werent even in .rar format when I got them. This is how it looks:

Driver
    drvplx-dgr.001
    drvplx-dgr.002 and so on until
    drvplx-dgr.044

But thanks jan, you explained it so clearly. I'll just extract all the ISOs with winace, and dump all the ISOs into one folder, and each time I'll overwrite, then when I'm down to one ISO, I'll burn it. Thx a lot guys.