1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Play Games Online For Free With Xlink Kai And XBConnect. The Complete Guide.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 12, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

This is the tutorial to play games online for FREE with Xlink Kai and XBconnect. You can only play games which has System Link on Xlink Kai and XBconnect. And also Xlink Kai and XBconnect will work with any xbox included non-mod, TSOP, softmod, hardmod and Xbox360. You just need to know how to setup network so PC can communicate with Xbox.

FOR [bold]FTP[/bold] tutor go here
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/333781

Port Forward
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223583
    http://portforward.com/routers.htm

[bold]Xlink Kai[/bold] step by step:

Go here and sign up for an account and download the Xlink Kai. Then install it in your PC.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

On Xlink site, click on HELP and FAQ. This will help you how to set up your network and trouble shooting. Basiccally, this is how you set up for ftp. If you already ftp, then leave the network as it.

Ok now everything is connected. Turn on Xbox. Load Halo2 game. Then goto system link. Pick your name and continue until you see “looking for games”. Then leave the xbox there. Don’t create a new game yet. You can create new game after you know how to use Xlink.

Make sure Xlink is NOT locked by firewall or just turn off the wirewall.

Xlink Kai has 2 shortcuts after installed it. One is Config and the other one is Launch Engine. For the first time user, goto Config first. Then enter your username and password. You can also explorer around. When finished, save it and close. Now open the Launch Engine. It will download packs from Xlink site. Once the Xlink window pops up, it will ask for username and password if you did not save in Config. Otherwise you will be in Chat room.

On the left top of Xlink window you will see Chat room, Game arena, and more. Click on arena (the earth) or Home. You will see game arena on the left side. Goto xbox => first person shooter => Halo2 => America. In here you see private arena on the left side and players on the right side.

Look on the left top again, you will the magnified glass. Click on it, now it shows your info on the left side. Make sure it said your network is reachable. Then click the folder just below the magnified glass. Make sure it said your xbox config successful.

Now watch your TV where you are at “looking for games”, you will see games show up. Just pick one and play

Enjoy

[bold]XBconnect[/bold] step by step

Go here and sign up for an account and download the XBconnect. Then install it in your PC.

http://www.xbconnect.com/

On XBconnect site, click on Support - Getting started and Support - FAQ . This will help you how to set up your network and trouble shooting. Basiccally, this is how you set up for ftp. If you already ftp, then leave the network as it.

Ok now everything is connected. Turn on Xbox. Load Halo2 game. Then goto system link. Pick your name and continue until you see “looking for games”. Then leave the xbox there. Don’t create a new game yet. You can create new game after you know how to use XBconnect.

Make sure XBconnect is NOT locked by firewall or just turn off the wirewall.

Click on the XBconnect shortcut on desktop. Enter username and password. There are a lot of tabs on XBconnect window. Just explore around for those options.

http://www.xbconnect.com/xbchelp/nexbc/
    http://www.xbconnect.com/index.php?topic=Support

Now watch your TV where you are at “looking for games”, you will see games show up. Just pick one and play

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2007
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

@TheReturn
    nice i was about to write something like this later this week since i have been answering a lot of questions on it.....

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You can add your comments here.

4. JBWinters

JBWinters Member

quote "Look on the left top again, you will the magnified glass. Click on it, now it shows your info on the left side. Make sure it said your network is reachable. Then click the folder just below the magnified glass. Make sure it said your xbox config successful.
    "

this is where my problem is because mine doesn't say xbox confic successful. instead it says "microfsoft xbox, configured, retail only"

can u help me now please?

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

where are you at on xbox?
    did you load halo2 and go to looking for games in system link?

6. xyron

xyron Guest

This is great tut bro now the guys who complain about being banned from xbox live can finally shut up. It would be even better with pics ;)

7. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

what 1 is better? can u still use the mic

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Xlink is better. If you have headset for Halo2 for Live, then you can use it. This is just like Live.

9. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

10. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

what do i put for geolink longitude and latitude co-rd

11. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

do u connect ur xbox to ur pc or just keep it connected to the modem like with live

12. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

ok i figured the rest of the stuff out then i selected halo 2 and picked america and a persons party its not showing on my tv what i am doing wrong

13. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

under available games it just says creat new game

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what is your status when you click on magnified glass as I said on the tut?

15. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

it says xlink is online tells me my ip says no public traffic tells me orbital server

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

is network reachable?

click on the folder "Diagnostic view"
    does it say config successful?

17. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

it says no counsol detected do plug my ethernet cord from my xbox to my pc or do i leave as though i was playin live

18. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

@TheReturn thanks for all of ur help i finally got it to work i had 2 computers and i ran xlink kai on the 1 without the rouder and both were connected to the internet so i thought it would work, i guess not. thanks

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No it wont. Because Public IP is the same. Unless you have another boardband.

Anyway Cheers

20. xyron

xyron Guest

ALRIGHT GUYS IF YOU WANT TO POST YOUR GAMER TAGS YOU CAN RIGHT HERE IN AD< CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIG>>>>>>>NO E-MAILS PLEASE<<<<<<<<<

ps. im not yelling lol ;)