1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Play Games Online For Free With Xlink Kai And XBConnect. The Complete Guide.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 12, 2006.

1. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@TheReturn[/bold]
    Nice tutorial.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

3. jacko87

jacko87 Member

i cant get XBConnect to detect my original Xbox, ive asked countless people in the chat and no one can or wants to help.

Anyways i am running my xbox through a router with a crossover cable though it is not necessary i know, the router is connected to the computer and modem via patch cables. i even setup a static ip address since i am on DHCP servers, and forwarded the correct port to udp and tcp (port 8602) and it still doesnt find my xbox when im on the system link screen in the xbox. any help with this would be appreciated. ohh and the game, if it makes any difference, is Halo 2, i have xbox live but would like to use XBConnect to use mods.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well you can't use crossover cable to connect xbox to router. Use the regular ethernet cable instead.

Use DHCP instead of static. So change IP settings to DHCP on xbox and router and PC too. Do not use DNS at all. Maybe you have to remove the MAC address that Xbox Live assign for your xbox.

Since you have LIVE, you have to write down all info in IP settings on xbox before making any changing.

NOTE: YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO GET BACK TO XBOX LIVE SETTINGS/ACCOUNT AFTER YOU CHANGED IP SETTINGS ON XBOX. I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH THESE.

Then to connect again.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  5. penner13

penner13 Guest

will krayzies uxe installer work on all versions of xbox v1.0 - 1.6?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

are you trying to softmod your xbox?
    I think krayzies uxe installer works on all versions. But it has different packages for NTSC, PAL.

You can also use this:

Ndure Installer v2.5 (007)

Ndure Installer v2.5 (Mechassault)

Ndure Installer v2.5 (Splinter Cell NTSC)

Ndure Installer v2.5 (Splinter Cell PAL)

7. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

@the return

nice tut, srry if u get that a lot it is good

8. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

i could use a little help i cant see to get the “looking for games” on halo 2 thing everything is configed right router done ip done network reachable what im i doin wrong here?

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you get "config successfully" where you check the ip reachable?

10. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM IT WAS A STATIC IP ISSUE

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

cool!!!

have fun

12. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

Quick question. In the tutorial, it says it insert Halo2 game. Does it have to be this game, because I don't have it? Also, I have XBMC which has a link for xlink kai on it. Do I still need to run the tutorial setup (on my pc and all) or should I just click the link and pray?

Thanks,
    Scott

13. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

Update: Just downloaded Xlink Kai, installed it, and ran it. Everything works perfectly the first time :). Now all I need is a game that I can play. It seems that the majority 98% of the users are all in first person shooting games and Halo2, black, and COD3. I guess I will invest into one of these games. I wish there were a lot more sport games supported though (not xlink, but the game creators). Only after I try a game will I know if I really set it up correctly, but I can use my xbox and browse all day successfully.

Great Tutorial,
    Thanks,
    Scott

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

good job!!!

cheers

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

so 4 xlink kai to work u need to install it on the pc and have it on ur xbox as well and also if anyone knew my mum is panicing about this and wont let me install xlink kai on the pc she thinks there might be a virus in it or somthing so i need to know will it affect me windows xp pr sp2 i need to know before i can install it thats all thank u

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes you can install xlink on both PC and xbox.

For me I just install xlink on PC. Your WinXP is good. You can chat on PC with xlink too. Xlink will not hurt your PC.

18. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

thanks but my mum still wants to here from a friend and i just want to make sure it wont hurt windows no mater what

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well you can ask everyone around here. IT is 100% safe legal software.

20. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

thanks my mum just gave me the ok to install it when i have the free time so thanks ill finally be able to install and have fun also just while its on my mind does the conection have to come strate from the pc or can it go throw my router donst bother me ether way but if it goes throw the router will i have to open the ports or somthing or do i have to open the ports no matter what would just like to know thanks also i log into the router click advanced there is portforward i click it and it says enter a lan client how would i do that just enter the pc details and the name does it have to be the acctual pcs name be great if u could solve that 4 me or will the router be fine its a netcomm adsl 4 port modem router nb4 thanks 4 the help