1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Play Games Online For Free With Xlink Kai And XBConnect. The Complete Guide.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 12, 2006.

1. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

ok if ur trying to connect to the pc with the xbox aka xbox connects to pc then pc to modem ctc sounds to me like u have a dial up connection that u r trying to put a enthernet cable in so if u want to connect ur xbox to pc this is what u need
    1. pc
    2. screw driver
    3. entherent modem card for pci slot
    4. open pci slot in pc
    5. xbox
    6. cross over enthernet cable
    7. brains
    ok lets get started turn off pc now open ur pc with the srew driver genrally u need a phillips screw driver then open the case now u need to find a open pci slot
    http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/abc1/images/PCI-sloot.jpg
    picture of pci slots
    now there maybe a little screw on the case to hold pci slot in remove that and keep it some where safe now pull enthernet modem pci card out of packaging and put in pci slot it will only got 1 way now put the screw that holds the card in place in make sure its going to be ok now close the case

ok now that the hard bit is done the easy stuff can happen
    start pc up again and plug ur xbox's entherent slot into the cross over cable then put the other end in card for pc u just put in pc tada now configure the stuff u want and enjoy life on the gaming world

2. AvidGamer

AvidGamer Member

Sweet doesnt work for 64bit systems thanks anyways :)

3. m0use

m0use Member

Does anyone have a list of games that are on there for 360? Thanks

4. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

there is no point in even trying to play games for the 360 on there.

Microsoft got wise that this exploit was going on and therfor built a safeguard into the 360.

over xbox live u would be expected to have a large ping
    over Local Area Network u expected to have a low ping <50

so microsoft decided that;

if ping x.x.x.x <50
    continue
    else
    Disconnect Game

meaning if playing a system link game and your ping rises above 50
    you will be disconnected from the game

5. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

if i took a crossover cable and hooked it up to my laptop that can use wireless internet will xlink still work? im just wondering cuz my dad wants to give me his laptop for my desktop and he is moving the router and the desktop to his room. just wondering for a future refrence ty.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes, still work

7. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

8. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Wassup, return?

I just had my xbox dual booting. Now i'd like to kick some online ass for free. I have a thompson modem (has ethernet slot and usb slot) and an nic card on the pc. my internet connection is currently through the ethernet cable. i think if i get the controller, i can connect through USB. I've installed xlink kai and i've logged in fine. seen the worlds, players... (nobody on fighting games! i wanted to kick ass on doa!).

my question is: can i connect through USB (i've been told the connection is weaker and crashier) and use the ethernet port to connect to the usb? i shouldn't be able to without a router or a hub because without'em i can't get the signal to go both ways, right?

do i have to get a router or a hub and connect the hub to the modem and split the signal to xbox and pc using two hub slots?

by the way, how much DO you pay if you just use the f#$%ing Xbox Live? just to see if it is worth all the trouble.

Thanks in advance, man

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you need a router so pc and xbox can access to the net the same time.

router is cheap now. xbbox live is $50 per year.

usb connetion is suck

10. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Thanks for the speedy reply, dude

That's what i've been told. USB net connection sucks the big one!

Routers are not so cheap here in Portugal, brutha... I think it is the same as getting xbox live...

The people in xkai aren't the same as in xbox live, are they? are there still many people in games like DOA, crimson skies, Mechassault, PGR2, Hal, etc? I just wanna know if getting the online access (either by router or live) is worth the time and money.

And i've seen your image of the DOA girls making out. So f#$%ing hot... Where can i get it? can you send it to me? where did you get it?

Later, bro

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

right now, 90% people on Xlink Kai play Halo2. ONly 10% play some thing else. If you plan to play other games, go for Live.

Like you said the router is $50, then get the xbox LIVE. In the US, the cheap (on sale) router is $20.

People on Xlink are different from people on LIVE. On Xbox Live, you can't cheat. Otherwise you get banned. On Xlink Kai, you can cheat with no problems. YOu can mod halo, make new map, tune weapons, etc... and play it on Xlink

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  12. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

live isn't an option anymore. you need a starters kit and they are very hard to find and you pay over 50 euros for that plus the subscription. Kai would be the better option. Maybe i'll find a cheap router and get it.

You didn't answer about the picture with the DOA girls making out... :D

where can i get it? can you send it to me?

thanks, bro

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I forgot where I got those pics. But I can send it to you.

14. varnull

varnull Guest

Would that be my xmas wallpaper from last year??

Is there still a demand for that?

link on my profile page 1024.. you lucky people

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  15. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Awwwwright... Let's give credit where credit is due:

THE ULTRA-HOT WALLPAPER FEATURING TWO DOA GIRLS (HITOMI AND LEIFANG) MAKING OUT IS ORIGINALLY FROM VARNULL'S PROFILE. THANK YOU, VARNULL, ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US DOA DROOLING FANS.

I think that covers it... Jus' messin' wit' ya, Varnull ;) Kick-ass pic. No question...

TheReturn: Thanks a lot for your help and your readyness to help me out. Anything you need, bring it on. If i can help, i will. Later, bro

16. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Hi,

I have a modded xbox I'm running EVOX. If I go online with Halo 2 won't it screw up my xbox ?

Thank you
    Max

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You CAN NOT goto Xbox Live. But you can go ONline with Xlink Kai with no problem.

18. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Ok, I'm confused whats the difference between Xbox Live and On line ?

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Xbox Live is that you have to pay to open an account for Live. On xbox you have set your account to access Xbox Live. Even when you are in the game, you have to select Live menu to go Live.

Online is that you dont pay any money. Just sign up an free account with Xlink. the setting in xbox as I said on the tut. On the game, you need to go to System Link menu. Then you can see other players Online.

20. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Hello,

I downloaded XBconnect. My setup is Modem goes into NIC card one and my xbox goes into NIC card 2 with crossover cable. I open up xbconnect and then go to tools find and then find console. It finds it and then displays my mac address in the chat area. But all the servers pings are FW and when I enter one it automatically closes. I can't connect to any game any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you
    Max