1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play MKV on my TV

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by andrewch, Nov 28, 2010.

1. andrewch

andrewch Member

I cannot find a simple answer on this one.

I have a bunch of HD MKV files on my PC and I want to play them on my TV. I have a PS3 and 360 both hard wired to my network. My PC is also connected and running Windows 7 professional.

THe files dont show up through WMC on the XBOX or when I browse through the shared folders with my PS3. I can see and play .avi files through Both PS3 and XBOX.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. flend

flend Member

I have a similar problem as above, a bunch of movies that play fine on my laptop, but when I stick them on my Iomega media player, great picture, no sound.

Looking for a similar answer or solution, have tried a few things at this stage and still no joy.

Any help folks?

3. macblob

macblob Member

Sound could be in a mp3, aac or AC3 format that is not supported by your media renderer (player). Any mkv file should be playable. maybe your player is not mkv (h.264) compliant. Try divx instead. Divx is still the apple-IPOD of digital media.

Also another solution would be to use only MPG files. MPG files are universal to any player or renderer.

Apple IPOD's are more accepted in the mp3 playing community than any other mp3 player.